• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Makiwara

superleeds

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
You can make one. It's cheaper and more fun, plus it's YOUR makiwara. I have a few 8ft 4x4's just waiting to be cut and thrown into the ground once the winter ends.

===================

When cornered, kick 'em in the spetznats. If that doesn't work, run around acting like an epilept + flail your arms about while whizzin' in your pants, then fall down foaming at the mouth. They'll be so disgusted THEY will walk away from the fight....

You know, we actually MADE a Makiwara tonight.. As part of our karate training. We have to learn how to make those training tools that the okinawans used.

Its cheaper to make them. It won't cost you more than $5 or $6 bucks. Its fun to make them and as FL says. Its YOUR makiwara.

I don't like the phone book on a tree thing. It could get ugly if you accidentally punched a rusty nail. Before you jump on the makiwara bandwagon, I would suggest doing some serious research on the positive and negative effects of makiwara on your technique and your health.

I don't like the phone book on a tree thing. It could get ugly if you accidentally punched a rusty nail. Before you jump on the makiwara bandwagon, I would suggest doing some serious research on the positive and negative effects of makiwara on your technique and your health.

lol, I forgot to warn you to look and aim when punching. Always start off slow...it works very well. The kung fu sifu who uses the phone book is also a boxing coach. His guys have more k.o. then most non-pro boxers.

:D

Karatekid 1975, I got a makiwara from my instructor as a christmas gift for trainning such so hard and got a aplause from all student on my grading.

I think its up to you but, if I were you I just get some wood from my garden centre Hehhee, they sells all kind of materials speciatly desning I got four for £1.50 each ones and wrap it around my christmas tree outside my back yard.

I bleed sometimes but now I wera protective gears.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

Doesn't the phone book thing become an eyesore on your property?

Especially after it rains...

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

Doesn't the phone book thing become an eyesore on your property?

Especially after it rains...

Nahhh, not if your hard core. :lol: I wrap mine in a plastic bag and it's nailed to the back of a tree, facing another tree. If you use it often it won't last more then a month. I'm lucky to be able to get them often, I work at a library and take home last years phone books.

The kung fu sifu takes them out of the tree after using tiger palm (not sure if that's what its' called), where he rips them down. Now his back yard is an eyesore. He has two heavy bags, a wooden dummy, huge rocks for lifting and yes phone books. :karate: