• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pressure points

We are heavy into pressure points. Almost every technique we have has some sort of pressure point attack involved.

Not JJ, so sorry if I'm intruding in this area.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not trying to be cheeky but u seem to train in quite pathetic preasure points.(apart from adams apple) if you want to hurt some1 or knock them out go to the neck why bother with the arm eccept to set them up for the finnish

youll just get hit if you try to lock with preasure point in the arm the only time these are really effective is with a baton.

KSN Doug, what does that art resemble?

g, If someone grabs your wrist, would you go for the neck? :smile:

The arms are a good target if you are fast and effective, the pain will just take over, and the opponent won't be thinking about punching you, he'd probably be begging you to stop... :smile: (Depending on the amount of pain you put on him, otherwise it will work quite the opposite, be careful!)

It's a matter of distraction of your opponent, otherwise pressure points won't do sqwat, if he manages to grab a hold of your arms when going for the neck, but of course that doesn't matter, that's what we are trained for! He he :bigwink:

Lars Østergaard

[ This Message was edited by: Lars on 2001-11-21 13:52 ]

Lars Østergaard

have you made a preasure point on the arm work against some one with a couple of drinks in them determined to rip your head off.

ive seen people try and they always(in my experiense) get flattened

On 2001-11-22 10:36, g wrote:

have you made a preasure point on the arm work against some one with a couple of drinks in them determined to rip your head off.

ive seen people try and they always(in my experiense) get flattened

I wouldn't even go for pressure points if a huge raging drunk psycho was trying to squish my head, I would probably grab the nearest beer bottle or hit him in the crotch... :smile:

Lars Østergaard

Pressure points on the arms and wrists are very useful to make an opponent submit or tap-out when you are in a dominant position, without causing serious injury or giving your agressor an excuse to sue for use of excessive force. However, if you try and put them on someone who is still standing, it'll just make them mad!