• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pressure points

Do you guys/girls use pressure points alot?

I use them once and a while, but not too much as it's very painful. :smile:

My favourite is probably the points behind a person's ears, where you press your index fingers into the soft points. Extremely effective when being exposed to a choking attack.

And another is behind the centre of your collar bone. Where you make a hook with your index finger and press it inwards and then downwards into one of your opponent's nerve centers. Very effective, and your opponent falls straight to the ground into a "fetus" position. :razz:

[ This Message was edited by: Lars on 2001-11-10 02:45 ]

Lars Østergaard

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an ancient Indian art all about pressure points, it's banned in most countries. However you can go learn it in southern india, but it takes several years training to get good.

I was honoured to have an artist demonstrate the art on me in this country (dont tell anyone he'll get arrested)...anyways - now i pine to learn it.

Anyone seen Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? when Jade Fox parallyses the security gaurd where he is, untill li mu bai sorts him out? This is exactly what this art teaches, he parralysed my arm for 15 seconds...I literally couldnt move it untill he fixed it. And he showed me a combination , where if you were to normally press one wouldnt feel pain, if you press whilst pressing the index finger you'll scream in pain.

Sigh....how i wish to go to S.India ..

[ This Message was edited by: Jiggy9 on 2001-11-12 08:44 ]

Shotokan Karate Black Belt

==Defend the path of Truth==

That sounds very impressive Jiggy9! I would like to see that art too, and yes I saw Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, awesome! :smile:

Yep, the neck and shoulders are really good targets, and easy to get a hold of, anybody can grab a neck or a pair of shoulders! :smile:

Lars Østergaard

yeah jiggy about that indian art you are talking about takes a long time to learn. when i visited my reletives in india i talked to a man who taught this art and he said that he i would have to train with him for about 12 years before he even started teaching me any of the pressure points

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

We've touched upon a few common sense pressure points in order to get out of a submission move such as squeezing both sides of the adam's apple ...you may end up killing :dead: your opponent (or victim) so if you are using it as a pressure point to get out of a lock, don't squeeze too hard! Just squeese your own to find out how delicate this area is! Some others are:

Where the bicep, side delts and triceps meet

near the inner elbow

Middle of calf muscle where the 2 bulges meet (when viewed from back)

outside of foot

Inner thigh

Middle of hand (dig your thumb into it)

Middle of forearm

Middle of wrist

Middle of traps next to the neck one inch in from the outside of the shoulder (from the front)