• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

the dark side

"You don't know the power of dark side"

Hi all,

I hang my head in shame as i consider turning to the dark side. I've been training ITF style for years and am considering turning to WTF. :o :wink: :o

I was fortunate enough this weekend to be invited to a WTF training camp. We did a total of 14hours WTF sparring and pad work which was a huge insight for me. My intentions as always were to be completely open minded and steal all the best bits from their style and incorporate them in mine.

This has given me a few new angles on my kicks, several footwork tricks to play with and an appreciation of what WTF is all about. I thoroughly enjoyed playing WTF and if only they let you punch to the face i'd sign up tomorrow.

The reason I've posted this is not only did I learn a great deal from doing WTF, but there was an opportunity for the WTF guys to have a go at ITF. I think it was an eye opener for everyone involved. and we all appreciated why we did things the way we do. There was no right or wrong just different.

I recommend everyone ITF or WTF has a (proper) go at the other style. Maybe with a shared appreciation we'll all learn something.

Bretty

ITF Taekwondo with a blend of spices!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good post, Bretty. I do WTF style before BB then it's MDK. We spar WTF style. I've also done TSD (point sparring).

I was always interested in ITF. I have a 15 minute mpeg of ITF people doing various things. They are sharp. Very good technique. The sparring is a bit different, but I'd like to try it. I also have mpegs of them doing one steps. Pretty cool stuff :)

Laurie F