• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

coloured belts

aefibird

not at all im not judging just refering to the western mentality --------why pay for somthing that is free----do it for your self no one else

theres no one style just your style---------

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It drives me nuts when everyone points at 'the western mentality' as if it were flawed or that westerners are inferior. I feel like when people look down on 'the western (American) mentality,' they are looking down on me and my way of life. I am American and proud of it. My 'western mentality' has enabled me to accomplish a great deal in the twenty-two years that i've been around. don't expect me to cater to any notions that the American mentality is inferior to the eastern mentality. It is the western mentality that has made the USA the greatest nation in the world in a little more than 200 years.

you living i cloud cookoo land (INFERIOR DONT MAKE ME LAUGH) im english and very proud to be but like it or not we cant wait for anything as westerners we want it yesterday and are more than willing to pay for it

the point i was trying to get to earlier in the article was the amount af kyu grades popping up some say from 6, up to 12 kyu,s before shodan i understand its a confidence and charcter building thing but i think its alot to do with instructor greed -------the more gradings the more money----------sorry if you didnt understand and dont agree with me

I do not believe all students have the ability or desire to reach Shodan. I am hoping to make black belt one day, but it's a hard target.

The strongest principle in human growth lies in human choice (Alexander Chase).