Dragonias

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go for the mixing of your styles as suggested like Gokan.Will seem as though you've made up your own style.

Think of something or a meaning that represents your way or school.

Then get it translated in to Japanese & see how it sounds. Which is easy enough.

well b4 the preveiouse version of the club folded over due to circumstances we were originaly subarashii which ment brilliant, and so we dont realy want the same name again, and yeah i agree thats why im asking for help

Yours In Budo

well b4 the preveiouse version of the club folded over due to circumstances we were originaly subarashii which ment brilliant, and so we dont realy want the same name again, and yeah i agree thats why im asking for help

In My case, my Sensei gave me the Japanese

name for the Dojo. I guess i lucked out, as he

was able to draw up the calligraphy for me

and there by eliminate potential problems.

Shoshin Dojo - beginner's mind

http://www.wcnet.org/~thorese/shoshindojo_sm.JPG

good luck

I'd suggest trying to find someone who is fluent in Japanese and who could draw out the calligraphy for you. Try and think about which part of the club and aspect of your training you want to emphasise and create a name based around that. If not, why not consider an English name? There's nothing wrong with having an English club name - it doesn't have to be in Japanese!! :karate:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!