• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ripleys Believe or Not - IsshinRyu / Head Board breaking

stl_karateka

:roll:

Anyone else see (saw) this? They say they are Isshin Ryu practictioners.

There are boards on a conveyor belt and they have to see who can break the most on their head in 30 seconds.

This type of behavior is what people link with karate :karate:

Sure --- we did board breaking in I-Ryu --- but NEVER with our head!!!

KarateForums.com Sempai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
The Renshi of my style used to break sheets of ice with his head at Shiai's!

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

in my school (old school style) we are required to break a concrete slab with our heads for our black belt test. My instructor does demos and competitions every now and then, he does 9 concrete slabs with his head. We train to break objects with every hard part of our bodies. I see nothing wrong with it. As long as you are prepared for that level. I wouldnt ask a newbe to do it! lol

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

Keeps the IQ of the students down so that they are easy to control ;)

shhh.....no ones cought on yet that after "headbreaking class" the announcement is made that monthly dues are being raised. :lol:

in my school (old school style) we are required to break a concrete slab with our heads for our black belt test. My instructor does demos and competitions every now and then, he does 9 concrete slabs with his head. We train to break objects with every hard part of our bodies. I see nothing wrong with it. As long as you are prepared for that level. I wouldnt ask a newbe to do it! lol

Personally I'm not down with the head breaking...but to each his own!

My problem is there was no

DONT TRY THIS AT HOME (well, there was the standard small disclaimer)

But I'm sure people are going to try this stunt that are unprepared

KarateForums.com Sempai

i see no point in the breaking of boards with your head or any other part of your body. it has no real purpose rather than to cause injurie if u mess up. if u wish to show u can put mind over matter then do fire walking rather than attcking pavment slabs with your heads. just my opion thoe interested to here others.

let not the fear of death stay your hand nor defeat your courage.The warrior who will provail is the one who confronts death its self

Personally, I think anybody that breaks boards or bricks with their heads, needs to have their heads examined anyway! :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

while we're on the subject of breaking things over your head, why don't we ever see the 'old masters' from the shaolin temple break things?

why is it always the fit, young, strong, healthy...

oh just answered my own question...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."