• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Becoming an Instructor.

yo i was thinking the same thing im 15 too but i only need a art to learn now...i see your a fan of bebop man i love thos guy,just got done watching it

No one cant hurt you unless you allow him to.

~bruce lee~

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
yo if you wont to make it being a big time teacher have your own dojo,you CAN do it do you know why? YOUR A COWBOY BEBOP FAN! THATS WHY

lol :lol: Or i'll probaly become a bounty hunter :lol:

I teach science full time, and teach kickboxing for free at the school where I work... The money's not good in teaching (I took an £8000 pay drop from my previous job in IT) - you have to love your subject and love working with people.

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

I just want to echo what others have said, teach because you have a passion for it. You can make a decent living but you're not going to get rich owning a martial arts school.

Simple demographics is a limiting factor in how much income your school will bring in. For the most part, especially in the beginning, you're going to draw students from a radius of 15 or 20 miles (in addition to whatever following you might bring with you from former contacts). You have a certain population in that radius and within that population a very small percentage are interested in martial arts, have the desire and discipline to train and the financial resources to pay for that training. You'll be competiting for those dollars with other schools in the area.

In additional to actual instructing there are the business issues that you'll have to address (ugh).

There is also a limit to how much you can physically do in a day. I'm a little older than you (a slight exageration :)) and if you're teach 3 or 4 class a day 5 or 6 days in a row your body begins to wear down. You need to learn out to delegate the training responsibilities to higher ranking students or hire help.

Anyway, I'm not saying these things to discourage you. If it's in your heart to teach, if it's your passion go for it. But you'll be wise to count the cost.

"The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?" Benjamin Franklin

Clasee fees should be £4 - £6 about $7 - $10.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

Man i just can't stop thinking of having a school. Eveytime i take the bus and train home i always think or see a store and think, hey i think that'll make a nice dojo or something like that. Has someone felt like this when they were around my age and had become on instructor?