• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jason Delucia’s Five Animals

Ive been syaing to my students and others, that the martial arts, or fighting arts, are developed per era of the needs. So, these methods, etc., have to change to the need of this era.

For example, per medical analogy, to stop profuse bleeding, a wound had to be cauderized. Or leeches were applied for ailements. Blood transfusions were not even thought of and when it was introduced, there was skepticism. Medicine did not continue on a archaic need. It changed per era as discoveries were introduced. Should martial/fighting arts in this era, per surviving combat reflect archaic methods using or against archaic weapons?

i think the fights today would be much more interesting if you could get fighters to commit to pure land technique of any particular style from any era even improvisational techniques that can be applied .instead of riding the rules to a draw you could score points for execution.not withstanding tap out or knockout victories, fighters could win decisions for originality instead of having no incentive to take a chance.there are points in competition when there is such a lull for one reason ,rule or other,some incentive for creativity should be established.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not speaking in term of competition, per rules. I am speaking in terms of defense and application as one would do against spears, swords, and such.

If we speaking competition wise, I have my stidents, per weapons forms, use commond "household items".

Also, I have seen archaic knife defense mtehods as if the oppnent still will attack that way. No to mention some other defense methods.

BTW, do you have website?

I am not speaking in term of competition, per rules. I am speaking in terms of defense and application as one would do against spears, swords, and such.

If we speaking competition wise, I have my stidents, per weapons forms, use commond "household items".

Also, I have seen archaic knife defense mtehods as if the oppnent still will attack that way. No to mention some other defense methods.

BTW, do you have website?

every form of combat has rules be it sportive or lethal combat.i.e put your opponants eyes to the sun not your own .attack when he inhales not on his exhale .block knives with the outer bones of your arms not inside.etc and there is no such thing as archaic defense if it works.

Archaic, per a specific, like a defense against a spear thrust, or as I seen some, "sleeve-grabbing" or "gi belt" grabbing", etc., Or how to "knoch off" someone from a horse. Rules, not really "rules", if you are talking about strategy. I am applying to "archaic" per a specific tactic using or defending from a "traditional" weapon or "method" that will no longer be a "situation" in a modern "setting". I am not stating other or "all" methods as being archaic.

Archaic, per a specific, like a defense against a spear thrust, or as I seen some, "sleeve-grabbing" or "gi belt" grabbing", etc., Or how to "knoch off" someone from a horse. Rules, not really "rules", if you are talking about strategy. I am applying to "archaic" per a specific tactic using or defending from a "traditional" weapon or "method" that will no longer be a "situation" in a modern "setting". I am not stating other or "all" methods as being archaic.

no and in a sense it's alot like training sword hand in aikido .yes ,now days no body is using sword hand in mma(except maybe me)but if you train alot against sword hand, adjusting to modern popular tactics is easy.

Yes, but I am not speaking in terms of "adjustments" or "modifications". I am speaking of the "actual" methods, there were created and perfected in accordance with defenes/attacks/methods of which era were deemed neccessary. To which, these "exact" are perhaps taught and practiced. The only thing that this could be done for, is "art" itself.

Yes, but I am not speaking in terms of "adjustments" or "modifications". I am speaking of the "actual" methods, there were created and perfected in accordance with defenes/attacks/methods of which era were deemed neccessary. To which, these "exact" are perhaps taught and practiced. The only thing that this could be done for, is "art" itself.

at this point i would ask that you restate your question /statement in simple terms as i am losing the jist .thanx