• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What has Martial Arts done for you?

Hello,

Martial Arst has done a lots of things for me.. I change a lot and i have become more patient and more Confident in myself.

Also it has been a help for my job, as a profesional Actor, because it teach you perseverance and in my profesion you need that a lot.

Thanks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gee that is a hard one to answer...really.

I have been practicing since I was 11, so I don't know anything else....I guess you could say it has kept me alive.

Peace,

Tae

:karate: :karate:

Kyoshi Deborah R. Williams 7th Dan

Founder/Senoir Instructor Tae Su Jutsu

Board member International Martial arts Association.

"Before destruction one's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honor."

Proverbs 18:12

• 11 months later...

Thank you for the deep, philosophical insights, Ogre :roll: Hey, just messin' with ya.

Martial arts got me into the world of philosophy and helped me rediscover and take pride in my roots and heritage. Just two years of Shotokan has done so much for me, and I can't wait to see what more will bring.

d-:-o-:-)-:-(-:-o-:-P

What hasn't MA done for me ?

It's done countless things, controlling my anger, patience, perserverance, strong mind, confidence, happiness, etc.

It's something I look forward to, I don't have to find any motivation to train as opposed to school work =p

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

I went for self defense and out of long-term interest in martial arts, and ended up getting all the other stuff people talk about - strength, fitness, improved confidence, discipline, humility. (Yes I think you can have improve confidence and be more humble at the same time... there is a difference between true confidence and the sort of manic, but ultimately insecure, ego promoted in the west).

Plus I enjoy it.

KarateForums.com - Sempai

When I started TSD, I was very timid, but angry. Martial arts gave me confidence (well with the help of Mr. B, my first instructor), self disipline, and most importantly, self control. It also saved my butt when I was attacted last year. On top of all that, I get a great workout :grin: It's like a drug, it's my addiction :grin: hehehehe

Laurie F

Since I started training in Feb of 1993 it has slowly became the driving force in my day to day life.

I started MA's to help me become a better football player. Which it did. It also helped me get in shape and most importatly control my emotions. Which is by far the greatest thing I have gotten from it.

I may not physically train or teach everyday but I never go though a day without mentally training. Every night as Im going to sleep I ofter think about a kata or some new self defense techinque.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."