• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Grading cretiria lesson, please show your dojo as well. w-b

Natural

Our school is undergoing a transition to new requirements and belt levels.

The class requirement increases with each grouping (beginner=white, orange, yellow; intermediate=green,purple,blue;advanced=brown, red) and goes from approx. 3-6 months.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
In our club it is 3 months (or 20 lessons) from white, orange, red, yellow, green, purple, purple with a white stripe, then its 6 months from brown to brown with 1 white stripe, then 6 months from brown 1 white stripe to brown 2 white stripes, then a year from there to black !

everyone at my clubs seems to grade at different speeds and times, basically one grades when they are ready. However we too have a loosely followed minimum time period... from white to orange I'd say about 3-6 months, 0rand up to blue probably 9 months, blue to brown is about a year and brown to shodan is a year and a half, from there times range to 2 years + for nidan and three years for sandan etc...

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

• 2 weeks later...

I somehow doubt that karate schools of pre-WWII Okinawa had established grading requirements. I don't want a belt for showing up X amount of times. Honestly, most days I couldn't care what color my belt is because I know I have stuff to work on and trying to get the next belt rank won't perfect my technique.

I think masters should test students when they are ready for the rank. In the meantime, students should focus on their training.

Know thyself.

From white to yellow to orange tip to orange to green to blue to red to brown to brown to brown to black.

There must be atleast 5 months apart from your last gradings to next, for brown to black there must be atleast a year to get your permit to go to your gradings.

My club win gold medals alot so is that a mcdjo club?

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro