aefibird

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually I haven't seen a Shotokan McDojo either, haven't really looked around for Shotokan dojo's, but the few Shotokan instructors I know in my area are all part-timers, and teach for non-profit in the evenings and weekends at community centres, gyms, etc...

Yeah, I would defo go by Shotokan. I wonder which is the most popular martial art in the world? Maybe that is also karate.

:)

Sadly enough, I think it's Tae Kwon Do. I might be wrong, though.

Know thyself.

It depends upon how you define 'most popular'

At his death in 1994, Mas Oyama (Kyokushin) could bost the most students world wide unified under one man - some 12 million!

As far as which style is the biggest (has the most branches) then it's probably shotokan.

Which style of karate is the most respected as a 'real' fighting art?

It has to be Kyokushin.

After I explained to my sensei about seeing a program on TV about Okinawan karate and them breaking boards with their big toes, his answer was "Oh yeah? - how well do they fight?"

ET :)

The Uechi Ryu stylists you saw in that video can fight very, very well. Everyone who knows more than Japanese karate knows this. They can kickbox and spar with the best of them, and have even integrated BJJ into their Ryu. Uechi Ryu condiditoning is more hardcore than Goju! Try and break a 1.5-2 inch board with an open hand kakushiken (fingertip strike) or a big toe kick. Tell me what happens.... :wink:

Yes, there is a right and wrong way....

There is no "Do" without "Jutsu"!

Try and break a 1.5-2 inch board with an open hand kakushiken (fingertip strike) or a big toe kick. Tell me what happens.... :wink:

What happens? I wonder what the heck I was thinking and go back to training.

as much as i hate to admit it i would go for shotokan but all i have to go on is my town nubers beaaus there is a lot of compyion between us and they usaly out nuber us

we do not fear death,

for we are death inccarenated!

may the inner fire never die for it is that can help you ceep going