• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Doc Hollywood

ESA-Shotokan

That movie Doc Hollywood, starring Michael Fox was on our TV last week; I caught the end of it.

Are there towns in the USA that are really like that? Or is that just an ideal type of thing?

I'd love to visit a town like that and experience it for real.

:)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fireka... out of curiosity... how did you come up with Meridian, Mississippi? :) Also, I think I saw that movie very, very briefly and don't recall what the town is like, could someone refresh me on that?

Thanks. :)

*smirk* I was born there.

Doc Hollywood = surgeon (Michael J Fox) is moving to Hollywood to do plastic surgery for big bucks, gets lost on way crashes into judges fence in small town and as punishment must work at the hospital for two weeks.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

Meridian killed its only chance at rising out of the gutter. There was once a millitary base, a Naval air Station. The locals didn't like it much though, didn't relize they were cutting off there nose despite there face. It brought money in to Meridian and even got them a Wal-mart. But after a while the aggression by the locals made TRADOC decide to just go someplace else, someplace were they were wanted. It's bad morale to be treated like a huddalum by the people your trying to protect. The Wal-Mart whut down after they left.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

Just curious... as I've been there a dozen or so times and it didn't seem like a very good place. ;)