TracyLou

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think the biggest reason that people don't like children is the martial arts is ego. Some people see that if their is a child who is the same grade (or higher) than them then it mocks their own grades and achievements. What I think though is that people are not seeing the bigger picture. Martial Arts is supposed to be for everyone. We have several threads on here about disabled people practicing martial arts and when these people grade they will be graded on their own terms. If someone comes to MA later on in life they will be graded with that in mind, would it ever be fair to expect a 60 year old to have to be exactly the same as a 20 year old? At the end of the day does it matter if you have a black belt 13 year old? It doesn't take away from your own hard work and dedication and everyone has to understand that the person wearing the belt has been graded to that standard under their own terms. People should concentrate more on their own training and less on everyone around them.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

Theres two types of too young.

Too young to learn techniques - (If they can't KIAI because of pacifier...)

AND

Too young to understand

The only probelem I have with youngsters training is them throwing their weight around in school.

I won't give you parenting advice because I don't have kids and am bad with my nephews, but would I put my future son in a program that promotes activity, health, thinking, and good moral conduct, all in a friendly environment? Absolutely.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

If he is 5 and has many 5 year old friends in the training, it wount work, but if he is a calm guy.

He could easily start in the age of 5.

The younger the kid is the better the kid learns

What hurts you but doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.