• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are you sick of hearing about the Gracies? and why?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think both camps are bad. I can't stand people who hero worship nor can i stand people who have nothing but bad things to say, often with no actual proof, about people. Then there are people whose logic goes like this: "I don't like the gracies so i don't like BJJ".

ohayo gozaimasu, o genki desu ka.

I'm not sick of the Gracies they're great. I'm sick of their practitioners talking smack about every other MA and their delusion that they have found the Holy Grail of Martial Arts. They usually have a total lack of respect for other MA's. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I agree with TreeBranch

i have no problem with the Gracies, i think they've contributed alot to the martial arts.

but if i hear another over zealous BJJ fool say TJJ would never work on the street i will hammer punch their clavicle.

If in your journey you encounter God, God will be cut

~Hatori Hanso (sonny chiba)

I never get sick and tired of hearing about people who have contributed so much to the martial arts world. The Gracies actually helped conceive the UFC, and as a result we have the MMA competitions of today. They also introduced the world to a variation of traditional JJ, and showed that it is highly effective. That in and of itself has generated a lot of layperson interest in the arts in general. I can't stand the people who talk smack about the Gracies, and in the same way I can't stand the BJJ folks who ridicule all other arts. It's real simple: respect those who positively contribute to the martial arts. Anyone who talks negatively about any practicioners who are positive has no business studying the arts themselves. I have noting negative to say about any MA. They are all terrific in their own right. They all give self-confidence, fitness, and discipline to anyone who undertakes them.

Mixed Martial Artist

I'm not sick of the Gracies they're great. I'm sick of their practitioners talking smack about every other MA and their delusion that they have found the Holy Grail of Martial Arts. They usually have a total lack of respect for other MA's. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

I get sick of the exact opposite - The TMA guys who say they can just do technique X to stop a grappler, but then can't back it up.

I get sick of the TMA who piggyback off of their ancestor's rep. Just because Chang Tung Sheng, Sun Lu Tang, Wah lun Choi, etc. was a great fighter, that doesn't mean that you are by default.