superleeds

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have one, but if we did it would either be "speed power" (one of my sensei's favourite sayings) or "more beer, please"...

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

our unofficial moto is 'on my signal, unleash hell!' so you can guess our instructors film preference :D

3rd Kyu - Variant Shotokan

Taijutsu

"We staunt traditionalists know that technique is nowhere near as important as having your pleats straight when you die."

A quick story about the perils of calling your club after a Japanese term...

In the organisation that I'm with most clubs are named after the town they are in. However, this nidan guy, who used to train with my sensei, wanted to set up a club with the FSK. My sensei's sensei (Mr Asano, if anyone's heard of him) came down to visit one day and Paul (the nidan guy) was boasting that he was gonna give his club a fancy Japanese name. Mr Asano knew that Paul was (still is!) a bit bigheaded, so he suggested a few names to him. One of the suggested names that Paul actually chose for his club translated into 'Chicken S**t' !!

Mr Asano took pity on him a few days later and told him the truth about what it actually meant...

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

There is a chap in the Baltimore area who, with a black belt in Kenpo, and another in TKD, and some viewings of jujutsu videos decided to start his own system. He calls it Gaijin ryu. The man has quite impressive PR, and makes sure news of his "seminars" in the MD, VA, and PA areas are noted in TKD Times, and Black Belt.

Now, what he apparently did not know was that "gaijin" is an exceptionally perjorative word in Japanese, its one step above calling a black person the "n" word. It refers to the odour of unwashed hair that marked the first Portuguese sailors to visit Japan. So, instead of calling his school the "foreigen way," which is what is listed on his literature, it is really the "school of smelly, uncouth people in need of a bath." :D

Sorta reminds one of old "Dr," Rod and his "Sex Way House" style of Karate, eh?

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

lol, yeah. I'd forgotten about "Dr" Rod 'til now...

Some people really should check out their potential club/organisation names with a good translator!!

Sheffield Steelers!

Since there is a large sport aspect with my club, we have some slogan's that are uplifting and make us work.

The biggest regret is from not doing your best

Never hit a man while he is down; kick him, its easier

There are only two things to remember when in a relationship...yes and dear.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)