• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Some high belts are not setting the standards.

Practice is the key _

Practice is the Key has good English, considering it isn't his first language.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nothing disturbs me more than looking at a Red or Brown Belt having problems with Yellow Belt kicks or (god forbid) forms, but those students have mostly fallen into the same rut I see many of my contemporaries falling into.

Many people set a goal for themselves... "I want to reach black belt by the end of the year"... "I want to drop weight by the next competiton"... Whatever. The problem is that most of the time, these students work so hard to achieve their goal, they stop working on those skills not directly associated with it. This ties in with your concerns in the liklihood that these students never really LEARNED the skills or developed them to their fullest in the first place. It's likely that they just learned enough to get by on their test.

Have faith, though. These students usually either snap-to and straighten themselves out or quit. At any rate, assuming there is some sort of standard of excellence, substandard performance will probably not get them by on their advanced rank tests.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

-Sam Riney-

WTF Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do

Piasa Martial Arts - Alton, IL

White Belt in Kobudo

GMAP - Springfield, IL

Yeah, it is painful to see some people perform incorrectly or without effort, but as the above posts mentioned, you gotta stay focused on your own karate. Ideally during a class you should only see yourself due to the intensity of your focus (of course that's nearly impossible to do) We would not ask our sensei as to why, though - it is their decision and as long as you are in a 'good' style it is probably the right decision. Everyone has their own stories, their own difficulties, etc.... just stay within yourself. Good question, though!

It all comes back to comparing yourself with others. It is natural to do this and to find fault in others - just make sure you are able to cast the same judgemental eye over your own technique. God-knows I do and I am never satisfied with what I do.

Alright I'll cocerntrate on myself not others afterall my techniques is far from perfect, thanks for all your great advices I have alot to work on at the moment am practising all my blocks this week next week I'll concertrate on my stance and punches.

Somone love one

Somone love two

I love one

That one is myself just have been turn down....

The belt comes with a responsibillity!

Never think that Karate is practiced only in The Dojo. The entire world is a Dojo, and true Karate training takes place twenty-four hours a day.

/Gichin Funakoshi Sensei