• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Some high belts are not setting the standards.

Practice is the key _

Hi I go to karate lesson 2 times a week and some times 3, when I've finished my lesson I went home to start home karate lesson which starts warm up strecthing and follow by basics, blocks etc then cobination and katas I do home trainning about 4 hours + every week.

When the grading comes I went to my garden and practice on blocks for hundreds of times etc.

Now am at 7th kyu and soon for my 6th.

When I went to my lesson some or most student cannot even give a proper kick, punch their shoulder is too high their stance are not deep and strong their hands always bent, so I went and ask my Instructor how did they passed the grade?

Arn't you guys agree that grading should make it much harder so when you go for your black belt in the future people won't called you a worthless black belt.

Somone love one

Somone love two

I love one

That one is myself just have been turn down....

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
What did your instructor say about this?

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Worry about yourself. Don't concern yourself with others until you're responsible for their training.

You're one of those rare people who just absorbs everything and is living the art to your fullest extent. Other people have different priorities, and that is their thing.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

I agree that sometimes there are many people who could be called 'worthless' black belts, usually because they've come from a belt factory/McDojo type of club. However, it's always better to concentrate on your own training and try to become the best you can, rather than look at other people and think that they could do better. Sometimes students get their next belt because they've significantly improved since last grading. They may still have fairly poor technique, but if they've made a significant improvement in their own progress the instructor may grade them and pass them.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

My sensei said "It would be very easy for me to sit here and say, don’t let it worry you, are grading are base on kata kumite kihon etc".

He said his from different branch so the sensei did not see they pefroming or those people try hard thats why they've graded, are grading date are every 3 months which 550-750 student goes there

or some are not been ask by sensei if they want to grade and went alone.

Somone love one

Somone love two

I love one

That one is myself just have been turn down....

Maybe you are talking slang, Practice, but otherwise I think it would be a good thing if you practice a bit on your grammar. At least for me you are hard to follow. But then again, I'm just a foreigner so I might be wrong. :D

René

Worry about yourself. Don't concern yourself with others until you're responsible for their training.

I agree. Focus on becomming the best YOU can be. Don't let the negative thoughts interfere with your training.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

It gets very easy to do, and I'll admit I do it all the time. I'll see people who are ranked above me, and I wonder just how in the heck they ever got there when I watch them forget a form, show poor technique, have awful students, are awful teachers, etc.

If you poke around enough (and for most of us, it's not that hard) you can find something to knock a person for. I've got plenty of things that I can improve without having to worry about people higher than me. Not only do I need to improve these things for myself, but for the students that I'm responsible for in terms of their development.

Whether I throw a lousy side kick, or they see me speaking poorly of someone else.. they will emulate me.

It may sound touchy-feely and PC to say only worry about yourself, but I honestly believe it's the only way to go. Too many people spend their time getting worked up about things they can't possibly control and neglect the things they *could* be doing.

easier said than done, true... but that doesn't mean we can't all work towards it.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.