• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Le Bell, you mean that old fool Gene Le Bell shucks i thought one has been is enough, no wonder chuck norris is a punk he was taught by one :wink: , i pity that fool now, only thing gene could do was judo he never stepped in with the big boys who could really fight, he's a clown, please don't compare these chumps to real fighters i thought a self respecting martial artist would know the real thing from the fakes, i guess i was wrong :D , let me state a fact tournament martial arts is not real fighting , i like what bruce lee said about tournament martial arts it has no solid ground of reality, it is merely oraganized despair, dryland swimming, why do you think lee didnt compete in these so called martial arts tournaments, he fought warriors not clowns :lol: , he put fakes like norris in his place, next time you list a martial artist make sure he's real and not a punk who starts fights with referees, and comissiosners,and a liar like gene le bell :P , get a decent person like jackie chan he's the only real martial artist in the movies these days, jet li and segal as i said are fakes, segal is a punk who gets whipped by anyone he starts a fight with, and jet li is a sideshow performer, he is merely a clown, it is sad martial artists these days cannot tell the real deal from the con men :( , i hope you wise up :wink:

ladies email me for some fun

Segal's dojo in Japan is still open; it's in a small town called Juso, just outside of Osaka.

His ex-wife runs it now.

Segal trained under Tohei Koichi, the founder of Shin-Shin Toitsu Aikido. He was one of Tohei's uchi-deshi (live in students). He stuck with Tohei until he achieved 6th Dan. (If I'm not mistaken, his rank could be higher.) His Aikido skills are real.

After that he branched out into some other styles to round out his training, then headed to Hollywood. (IMHO, his best movie he made was ‘Above the Law’, when he used pure Aikido techniques and was still in shape.)

BTW, Tohei was one of Ueshiba's 10 original uchi-deshi. Ueshiba was the founder of the original style of (aikibudo or aikinomichi which finally became) Aikido. Tohei stuck Ueshiba until he decided to put more emphasis on KI rather than physical strength. But that’s another topic entirely.

Food for thought: there are fighters and there are artist. There's a world of difference between the two.

segal might know aikido, but it doesnt mean he can really apply it in real life, nor can he really fight the only person he could beat up is his ex wife, ooops he already did :lol:

segal might know aikido, but it doesnt mean he can really apply it in real life, nor can he really fight the only person he could beat up is his ex wife, ooops he already did :lol:

Any proof of that? No biography mentions the divorce or circumstances but from what I've heard it was amicable. He wanted to pursue other interests and his wife did not want to leave Japan with their daughter, so they went their separate ways - gave her the dojo and said see you later. And since his wife is his sensei's daughter, I would be hard pressed to believe he abused her.

Batosai, I take it that you really dislike Hollywood action heros?? Hmmm, wonder how I got that impression...

Personally, I like Seagal's Aikido - sheesh, I wish my Aikido was even half as good. I think his movies are a bit pants, although, Under Seige wasn't too bad.

As for Segal not being able to apply his Aikido in real life - well, I bet there's plenty of martial artists, famous and not, who couldn't apply their techniques in a real life situation. If he can't then he's not the only person in the world that can't.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I think he's pretty cool

True mastery transcends any particular art. It stems from mastery of ones self control the ability, developed through self discipline, to be calm, fully aware, and completely in tune with ones self and the surroundings. Then, and only then, can a person know himself. ---- Bruce Lee

kle1n if you had any brains you would know who is real and who isnt, how are you so sure if he can fight , its sad you cannot tell from the masters and master fakes but hey if you quit watching 3 ninjas and ninja turtles and fight a real fight maybe you will come to grips with reality i hope you wise up,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Seagal, that discussed stevan segal, he also got beat by gene le bell aint that something, i looked up on abuse and it has been remored that abuse was in the relationship but i cannot back it up with paperwork at this time, but when i do i will post it, so i am not wrong yet.