• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most difficult kata - to learn or to perform well

SaiFightsMS

This probably doesn't count because it is a Hyung, not a kata. My belt's "Chung Moon" was probably the most difficult for me to learn because of the unorthadox steps and spins.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit, I expect too much from myself and kata and so I would honestly say I find all of them hard to achive what I feel would be a good result.

For some reason, I find Heian Godan the only kata that comes near to feeling "right". Tekki Shodan is another on the way there.

Learning the moves is one thing and some of you may in fact think I do them well but at the end, I always feel like I left out 90% of my soul from doing the kata. Yes I know, a bit deep that but that is how I tend to feel at the end of most kata. I am performing the techniques hard and well timed and what have you but I still feel like something major was missing.

When I discover it, I'll publish it in a book :)

I found tekki sandan difficult to pick up - the arm movements are all so similar it left me really confused! After many attempts I could remember it completely...but because I haven't done it for a few weeks I think I'v forgotten it again!

:roll:

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

I've had a pretty easy time learning all of the kata's, but performing them well...now, that's another thing entirely! :D

Whether it is a Pinan kata, Nahaichi, Passai, Chinto or whatever, I strive to do the best that I can each time...but I'm NEVER satisfied that I did it well enough. Once in a rare while, I really think I hit it perfectly...but I know better.

Maybe in another 30 years, I'll have at least one of them down pat. Until then...I'll keep working on it! :karate:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Just about any bo kata I have a difficult time remembering. It's probably because I'm too concerned about letting the bo fly that I can't concentrate on remembering the kata.

Just about any bo kata I have a difficult time remembering. It's probably because I'm too concerned about letting the bo fly that I can't concentrate on remembering the kata.

LOL! I've never had a problem hanging onto a bo, but I had a sai get away from me once in a demonstration I gave during a local school assemby. Darn near skewered a kid! Man, was I embarassed!

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"