• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most difficult kata - to learn or to perform well

SaiFightsMS

On 2001-11-06 21:12, SaiFightsMS wrote:

Oh the Tekki's. I so still occasionally tangle my feet up crossing over into kosa dachi. It can be embarrasing to have to flail my arms to keep my balanace. I allways hope no one is looking then.

When i trained with the FSK i learned tekki shodan on the bottom, thin side of a long wooden bench. When i could do that properly, i had to do it blindfolded! It was so difficult and i was only about 9years old and that was probably the hardest kata i learned up until then.

More recently i know unsu but CANNOT grasp the jump, i can land but cant get the height and its really annoying.

Also I can never remember bassai sho, i have learnt it and practiced it again and again but with all the dodgy hand momements in it (very technical aren't i!) i just cant get up and perform it without forgetting what to do!!

:spitlaugh: :spitlaugh: :spitlaugh:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most diffucolt kata i think i had to learn was most likley tomori Chinto i have a hard time on the turns keeping one knee behind the other . and also Kosokun Dai (kushanku.kanku dai)

Karate is not a sport , it is a way of life .

Sandan Motobu ha Shi-to ryu karate

Katsu ryu kempo

Ryukyu kobudo

At the moment, I teach Tekki Sandan as our club kata.

I think its the best out of all the Tekkis, and yes, it does have complicated hand movements - "together, no wait, apart, twist, no wait...."

C ya

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

I haven't done much with Tekki Sandan yet. I think I really want to feel a lot more comfortable with tekki nidan before I start serious work with another kata.

I am noticing a difference in how stable my knees are in different movements since I have been doing the Tekki katas more often.