• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most difficult kata - to learn or to perform well

SaiFightsMS

I have enjoyed reading the thread on favorite kata's. I love the passion of my fellow students to their art and the pursuit of this art.

So now, did you have a kata that was really harder for you to learn than the other kata's? One you worked your butte off on and still felt frustrated?

Do you have a kata you had a more difficult time of learning to perform well? A kata you knew how to do, but just couldn't quiet do it right?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found Wankan really easy to learn but very hard to do well. and i found Unsu hard to learn but quite easy to do well! :???:

Oh well... :karate:

"In combat know the enemys rhythm, use a rhythm he cannot anticipate, upset his rhythm, and win." Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)

Oss!

Chris Pullan.

1st Dan Shotokan Karate. (KUGB)

:bawling:I found Heian shodan to be very difficult to learn. For some reason I just could not remember what I learned from class to class. :evil:

I found Jutte easy to remember how to do but, very hard to do properly. :spitlaugh:

I have learned Nijushiho in class a few weeks back, I found it not too difficult to learn, but the problem arose when trying to perform it well. I had a hard time understanding the moderation of power and focus in certain techniques, I ended up doing the soft focused ones fast and powerfull,and the fast and powerfull ones, softly and focused.

I had a very hard time learning Enpi. But once I had learned it and run through it a couple of times, I was ok and relatively used to it, and can perform it well.

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon

Oh the Tekki's. I so still occasionally tangle my feet up crossing over into kosa dachi. It can be embarrasing to have to flail my arms to keep my balanace. I allways hope no one is looking then.

The best thing about the first 2 is I can do them in my living room without having to adjust my stances.

I found Tekki Shodan very easy to learn and i can do it really well, but i can't learn any of the other Tekki kata's to save my life! Nijushiho is hard to start of because of the opening move and the slow, controlled moves throughout the kata! i can do it quite well but i'm now master :smile:

my best kata that i perform is Empi! as most of the moves are stong and focused!

Oss :karate:

"In combat know the enemys rhythm, use a rhythm he cannot anticipate, upset his rhythm, and win." Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)

Oss!

Chris Pullan.

1st Dan Shotokan Karate. (KUGB)

• 2 weeks later...