• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

fear vs afraid

kempocos

Threads in this forum and others boards have been mentioned fear. Some will say " I fear nothing " they do not understand fear that well. Fear is a natural response, it happens before the brain reacts.Afraid is Fear plus doubt.

Fear can be denied but is always there, some turn it into arrogance, some aggresstion, some into doubt. However when you say fear is weakness is spoken from the ego and not the mind or heart.

I find most arrogant MA of which I have seen many in the 20 plus years of my training are not nearly as good as they believe and will not perform as they believe they do when the time comes. Though most train hard however they do not see thier own weak areas therefore never address them. They are sure to become a victem due to this

The aggressive ones train better, harder is not always better. They accept thier weak areas and aggressivley work to correct them they are wise enough to understand that in combat the other person also trains hard and can be better so they do not allow them the chance and aggressively destroys them.

The ones who doubt are called victems.

There is great information found on the subject of BODY ALARM REACTIONS. These studies date back to around 1928 and alot has been discovered over the last 80 years. It address's adreniline, blood flow, muscle response , stress levels , tunnel vision. I feel any true MA who trains can beneift greatly from training with this conditions in mind. If not when the sh1t hits the fan reactions will not be the same as when in the training hall.

All IMHO

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt