• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

is it posibel to fail a grading

I suppose its a lot harder when ur doing ur Dan gradings, but I also suppose that ur sensei will only give u the test when he/she thinks u are ready and will pass.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my TKD centre:

its difficult to fail but it is possible and your performance in one grading affects your ability to progress. For example when you pass a grading you receive your tag or belt but are also given a rating

h- high

o- ordinary

l- low

if I receive a high in a grading then I only need a low in my next to grading to proceed. If I receive a low and do not receive high in the next grading I must train for longer before being allowed to grade again. This does not work in reverse, ie receiving two highs does not cut training times. at the moment its 4 months between gradings. I'm a yellow belt.

naturally you can fail!...if you couldn't what would the point in the test be?

Never think that Karate is practiced only in The Dojo. The entire world is a Dojo, and true Karate training takes place twenty-four hours a day.

/Gichin Funakoshi Sensei

in my school you can definitely fail your testings. For the novice belts : testing for yellow for example you are a good amount of "mistakes" as long as you have the overall idea and you didnt mess up too bad, plus, we dont test you until we think you are ready, so everyone is usually ready and makes few mistakes. now testing for purple and green we only allow 2-3 mistakes and these are minor mistakes too. So if foot work is wrong in one stance of one kata or you land wrong for just one kick there is a point right there, and you only get 2 or 3. now for brown you may make 1 if it is very very very very minor.....so basically this must be perfect...and of course black belt has to be perfect. Now we test very hard too, we do great physical things before the testing begins so that all the students are tired and easier to make mistakes, this just emphasises the fact that we dont give out belts, if you really want that belt you better train very very hard....and thats the bottom line.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

i'm a senior orange belt and i made loads fo mestake in my grading but i still passsed so is it possibel to fall[/b]

No, it isnt possible if it's an mcdojo :D

No, but seriously, you should check that out.. it might not be a mcdojo(probably not since your in it, and you care enough to come here and ask about training)

Se if noone ever fails a test, and compare with other schools training!

Dont take this personal, and I'm sorry if I insulted you in any way!

In our club our instructor doesnt put you in for a grading if you're gonna fail it and to be frank I wish he was a little more selective - the girls at our club grade however crap they are, whereas we are expected to earn our gradings, as we should be. Our gradings tend to be an acknowledgement of time spent rather than knowledge gained. Therefore as a club we dont pay much attention to belts among ourselves and train as equals.

3rd Kyu - Variant Shotokan

Taijutsu

"We staunt traditionalists know that technique is nowhere near as important as having your pleats straight when you die."

I have seen some one fail a bet But his bet was high, most of the first belts are the ones where you are most likely to Pass so i would of thought that when you get up to the higher belts they make it so you have to make your ?????? To complele perfection as i was doing lower bets i flinched and had a few wrong prosisions but still passed but if you had dont some thing like that on a BLACK belt you would never pass.

Novice