• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Newb Question

Hello,

I know you are probably going to laugh at this question. Would any of you know a good webpage tutorial or a Downloadable Video to teach me how to tie my Karate belt?

Thanks,

Seth

I know it's a stupid question but I'm serious I don't know how to hehe.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I hear that there is more than one way to do it but this is the way I was taught. These pictures look identical to the hand out I got in class but I found this using google search engine.

http://www.zenshin-karate.co.uk/back_to_basics.htm

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

I took my belt off so many times showing other poeple how to tie the belt. Little kids like four years old. there attention spand and remembarce is like a blink of the eye. So alot of times I tie it for them. Until they go up in rank a little more then I really push for them to tie there own darn belt correctly.

hey steinhauers, what type of martial art are you studying? -Jeff

Many ways to tie a belt. The illustration is the way I tie mine as well. If ever in doubt ask your Sensei. He my have a way he perfers. :)

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

that's the way I learned it to... good illustrations.

If it makes you feel better, when new students ask me how to do it, I have to take mine off and do it with them. :)

Hehehehe I do this, too. It is hard for me to tie a belt on someone else, so I just show them :)

Laurie F

Hello,

I know you are probably going to laugh at this question. Would any of you know a good webpage tutorial or a Downloadable Video to teach me how to tie my Karate belt?

Thanks,

Seth

I know it's a stupid question but I'm serious I don't know how to hehe.

I also had that trouble too but now I can tie my belt correctly and there are many ways to tie it.

This doesn't show you how to tie a belt, but it's a good cartoon about belt tying.

http://www24.brinkster.com/thecyberdojo/beltkata.html

If you're unsure about tying your belt correctly then maybe ask your sensei or a higher grade to show you how they tie theirs. Don't be embarassed about it, we've all been beginners!!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!