• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A question on Front kicks...

Rich_2k3

When performing front kicks do u use the ball, the heel or the palm of your foot. I was told to use the ball but I always find that my toes get caught and it hurts, most of the experienced black belts at my dojo have toes that point vertical when they pull them back, so I suppose this isnt a problem for them, but it takes time to condition ur toes to be like that. What do u think?

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the ball of the foot, my sensei uses the big and second toe. If you have shoes on, you'll end up using your toe.

Using the heel is a stomp kick, is that what your talking about? It has a different purpose.

Use the ball. Work on curling your toes. It takes a LOT of practice. We kick with the foot extended out (like you would be on tip-toes) and curl the toes. All the muscles are working against each other. It is possible.

How can u condition curling ur toes back effectively? and how long does it usually take?

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

If you accidentally hit something with your toes, you may find that curling your toes back is not something you will have to worry about again. It becomes automatic. ;)

Uechi Kid, ahhh..you crazy Uechi people! What do you do when sparring a Uechi stylist? Run!

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

How can u condition curling ur toes back effectively? and how long does it usually take?

I hold my legs in the extended fron kick position while watching TV. I've been known to also watch TV standing in a horse stance to condition my legs. It's amazing how long you can do a static activity when yhe mind is otherwise occupied. Of course it helps to be able to foc... OOOOH, shiny ball.....