• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sparred with a black belt tonight

Ti

I am more rebelious I would have gone for the water if she told me no water break any way. hmmmm... I have been like that. Now I don't care let them go. The body needs to be rehydrated.

I love the military ways of the martial arts community. lol @ breaking ranks and heirarchy.

which is funny. About all of that. Thats actually were alot of that mindset came from. Because olot of the earlier instructors marines and airforcea nd navy and army up in wwII in that area came back. But they were used to the military ways so they incporated those in maratil arts. Also instructors with laungage barrier and such. So they just modled the military way of doing things so to speak. Kind of interesting.

I say if your not happy htere and with the poeple just leave take back up muay thai or doing some other form of martial art.

Belts done mean *! Unfortanetly alot of people in martial arts community either get there's and low standard of testing. LIke the nice get a black betl in a few months courses. Or buy a black belt, or just promote them selves.

Either way if you have a good back ground in Mauy thai you can pretty much beat alot of black belts.

As far as the black belt who said No Water! very ignorant of how the body works and what it needs in my opinion. I would talk tot he head instructor about it. You have other problems with her besides the no water thing?

-Jeff

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the black belt who said No Water! very ignorant of how the body works and what it needs in my opinion. I would talk tot he head instructor about it. You have other problems with her besides the no water thing?

-Jeff

IMO, his problem is basically that he was beaten by her and can't take it...

I agree that he should have a chat with the head instructor, though and see if the 'no water' rule is one that just the black belt has come up with or if it is a rule for the whole dojo.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

-Jeff

IMO, his problem is basically that he was beaten by her and can't take it...

I agree that he should have a chat with the head instructor, though and see if the 'no water' rule is one that just the black belt has come up with or if it is a rule for the whole dojo.

She got in ONE kick and I was able to administer several knee strikes to her ribs as well as elbows to her not to mention side kicks that drove her back to a wall.

Looks like I beat her. I'm sure many others here will agree.

about the water issue, I have spoken to sensei.

I will be allowed, but I must step out for it.

Sounds to me like she was working with you. We all work with the lower belts. If you were running out of gas and needing a drink when she wasnt breaking a sweat it says alot about conditioning. She could have probably cleaned your clock if she wanted to. Do not underestimate a female sparring partner. I did ONCE!!! She was a small pettite BB ( I found out later she startred when she was 6yrs old shes now 30 :o )and she gave me a run for my money and if I did not go all out she would have given me a beating. Appearances can be decieving. There are good BB and bad BB, do not underestimate any of them or make prejudgements until you have been training for a while.

If there is a personality issue or you dont feel comfortable or feel you are not working well with a partner, speak to your instructor. He or she wants you to learn and do well and would work things out.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Never die! lol! ;) Actually I seen it both ways were the black belt was playing aroudn with teh student only after the black belt stopped moving or backed off and stay in control the student pops the black belt thinking yes I got them. I seen it other way to were there was not so good of a ma practioner (black belt) I hate using belt analogys belt don't mean sqaut.

(see mods I didn't use sh*t I used squat I am working on the launagage thing. You can stop spamming my inbox with forum violoations now. lol!)

Well after the lower ranker stopped, the black belt go in a shot. We weren't there to see how the match was so we can't say either way.

-Jeff

Sorry for catching this thread late.

I'll give you my opinion:

1. You are a disrespectful inidividual and need to learn a few life lessons.

You hate this woman because she is a woman, because she is a lesbian or because she stops you drinking water?

Or all of the above?

2. The black belt should NOT be ordering you about like this.

That is the sensies right, not hers.

If one of our sempeis tried that in our dojo, they would be in a world of pain VERY quickly.

3. Training of ANY kind without drinking water is both stupid and dangerous and serves absolutely no physical purpose.

It is a form of torture and anyone condoning this should be reprimanded.

I think you need to learn respect for you elders, respect for women, respect for people of different sexual orientation than your 'norm' and to go find a full-contact dojo and learn to fight against men.

(I don't mean fighting women is a bad thing, but we do not fight women in our dojo with heavy contact).

My $0.02

ET

Ti does have a point if you look into the matter more. She is a black belt....soinds like she doesnt deserve it though. The black belts I knew at my school respected us lower ranks and let us at least sit out or get water. But they can get power hungery. Like one time I had to spare one of our best black belts right after he spared this brown belt and lost cuz he was goofin off. Then he was p'od and took it out on me in our match....oh yea, I was a orange belt at the time. The quickest 5 point match this side of the mississippi ever!

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"