aefibird

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of u guys seem to have paid a fair bit to do your grading all a can remeber is it is £7.oo for kyu grading in my dojo

let not the fear of death stay your hand nor defeat your courage.The warrior who will provail is the one who confronts death its self

Renketsu, my clubs part of the AMA too, but the gradings are set out by The Contact Karate Organisation, which I think owns or is owned by the AMA.

Theres a real Mcdojo near me, its actually our clubs arch nemisis, they had a tournement one year and our team whiped theirs (They'll all dirty fighters), its owned by this guy who drives around in like a £60k sportscar (its a chain of clubs, rip off prices), anyway he charges about £100 for Kyu gradings and god knows what for Dan gradings, classic Mcdojo.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

How much?!?!?!?!? (jaw drops open in shock)

£100 to take a kyu grade?? It's only £15 in my organisation, and that includes a 2 and 1/2 hour lesson beforehand too!

At £100 a grade you'd have to be pretty certain that you were'nt going to fail - I bet they charge full price for re-testing too. Sheesh. No wonder Joe Public often gives martial arts a bad name with rip-off merchants like that around.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I think to remember that we pay around 8 to 10$ for kyu gradings and 100$ for shodan. The fee gets higher with the Dan grades. I think its around 120-130$ for nidan.

May the force be with you... Always

lets see... for all kyu ranks $40 canadian.... for 1st dan it's about $200 canadian.... and goes up after that......

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN