• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The last few years in Tang So Do have been very rough. If some of you don't know, the National Tang So Do Assosiation closed down in '95, and there aren't many Tang So Do karate schools around. Where I live, there is only 1 tang so do karate school in one-hundred miles. I want to switch to a different style of karate, but I want to stay with a korean style because i know many of the moves. Will some1 plz tell me what TDK?

I know judisu and Tang So Do

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
In Pennsylvannia TKD schools are abudant go join one...Tang Soo Do, is the "raw" form of TKD to put it in one way

<Victory Martial Arts>

15 yrs old; 6 yrs in TKD

1st Degree Black Belt

Jr. Olympian | Team USA Qualifier

"Train Like A Champion, Fight Like A Warrior"

I was in TSD, then moved. I took up TKD. But the TKD I take is almost like TSD, because we do the same forms (except for color belts). Sparring is a bit different, but both styles are pretty close.

If you let me know what city you are in, I can do a search for you. I know a lot of TSD people, also.

Laurie F

Tang Soo Do isn't as plentiful as TKD is, but there are still some schools out there. The TSD studio I went to was taken over by Chuck Norris right before I tested for my black belt, and became "UFAF" or United Fighting Arts Federation, that was quite a while back, I don't know what it is now. Norris kept the TSD basic style but incorporated some Jiu Jitsu as well, since he was training with the Machados and Gracies around the same time. But like others say, TSD and TKD are esentially the same thing; you cannot go wrong with either one since the style and core beliefs are very similar ( I think the katas are too). Don't close your mind to other styles though, look into Kung Fu, Judo, Jiu Jitsu, Aikido, etc. It never hurts to be well-versed.

Mixed Martial Artist

TKD and TSD schools are pretty abundant in the bigger cities around here. You may also want to try Hapkido. It's a little more realistic combat-oriented than TKD, if I remember correctly.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Well I would suggest if you can't find a Tae Kwon Do school you like maybe look at a shotokan. The original forms were from shotokan they are almost identical.

Karate is not a sport , it is a way of life .

Sandan Motobu ha Shi-to ryu karate

Katsu ryu kempo

Ryukyu kobudo