• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

full contact kickboxing tournaments...

Does anyone know where I can find some full contact kickboxing tournaments that go by rank (and possibly age and weight)? And when I say full contact I don't mean rules like: no kicking the legs, etc...the age and weight doesn't matter much but the rank does...I don't want to fight someone that FAR out ranks me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 1 month later...
I think that kickboxing tournaments are only for open fighters. By open I mean 10+ fights. If you are just starting out, your trainer should find you some local fighters, and set you up at local competitions.

Justfulwardog

By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

Each forward step we take we leave some phantom of ourselves behind. ~John Lancaster Spalding

i agree with justfulwardog....get some practice fights going on before hitting the big time, most full contact kickboxing matches are not governed by rank, ....only weight and/or age....so get yourself ready to fight against pros if this is something that you are interested in. There are alot of these types of tournaments in the states along with japan, and thailand, other than that, i am not too sure...

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger