• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Art Of The Samurai

I know Jiu-Jitsu was the art of the samurai but does anybody know what Jiu-Jitsu style was originally used by the samuraies? or did a samurai just choose A Jiu-Jitsu style/s, he was comfortable with?

- A coward dies a thousand deaths, A warrior dies but once.

- No matter how strong the wind is, The mountain cannot bow to it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Try doing a search on google or similar.

There's loads of info out there about the samurai and equally loads of info regarding jiu-jitsu.

Good luck in your search!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Hmm well, the samurais practiced Kenjutsu(The art of the sword). Which is now Kendo(The way of the sword). Samurai also studied Kyujutsu(The art of the bow), JiuJutsu like you said and also Iadiojutsu. These are just a few that I can name off the top of my head.

I believe the art was Aiki-jutsu (sp?) which, along with judo, are the forerunners of aikido. I read this somewhere, but I don't remember where. I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. *L*

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

jujutsu was one of twelve classical systems taught by samurai.i belive aiki jutsu was their style.for reference,here is the eleven other systems... ba jutsu(art of horsemanship) battojutsu(iai jutsu)(art of drawing the sword)bojutsu(atr of wooden staff)fukimibarijutsu(art of blowing needles)hojutsu(art of ginnery)jutte jutsu(art of sword defence)ken jutsu(art of agressive swordsmanship)kusarigama jutsu(art of chain and sickle)kyu jutsu(art of archery)mojiri jutsu(art of entanglement useing a sodegarami spiked pole)naginata(art of long halberd)ninjutsu(art of espionage and stelth)shurikenjutsu(art of throwing wheel shaped darts)so jutsu(art of long halberd)suieijutsu(art of swimming in armor)tanto jutsu(art of the dagger)torite jutsu(art of captureing and binding).i hope this helps.

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them

Daito Ryu Aiki Ju Jitsu was the main style Morihei Ueshiba (O'Sensei) used to develop aikido, which he originally called Ueshiba Aiki-Budo. Aikido was founded in the early 20th century by O'Sensei, based upon the budo he'd learned from Sokaku Takeda and the spiritual teachings from Onisaburo Deguchi.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!