• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I AM 20 YEARS OLD, AM I TO OLD TO START TRAININIG?

Day

So... why did you take up karate, Ripper??

Just curious.

I can't even remember exactly why (it's been a while ago), but I think it was for the same reasons like almost everyone else.

René

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO NO NO NO NO NO, of course not thats a great age to join Karate, it means that all the teaching will sink in compared 2 if ur a little kid and u dont take it seriously plus ur body is at its maximum potential.

Too early! -my god...

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

OK, so what do you think are the right reasons for taking up karate?

Hmmmm.... can't think of any to be honest.

Well OK, the one I allready mentioned. If you think it's fun (to run around in a weird suit, yelling oss, doing hundreds of mae-geris, walking a kata for the thousand and one time, etc.).

Ripper if that is why you do karate i don't think you should do karate, you r the people who waste the class's time

and you do join for self-defence, people how hold you back, i get so weed off when i teach people who run about :evil:

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

Day u r no't 2 old, i was 14 when i started it is harded a the start but if you stick at it you will get your black belt :karate:

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

It does annoy me too.

What annoys me more is that mister wilko thinks he knows me. He says people like me run around and "waste his precious time". Pretty smart without ever seeing me. I think he picked up a sixth sense while training karate. But then again he is already a purpel (or was it purple??????) belt.

René

20 years old to late to start MAs??????!!!!!

I hope not, I started at 17 and I reckon there's hope for me yet, so I can't see any problem. At least you're old enough to know what learning methods work for you, and you'll be able to appreciate the finer points of techniques, body mechanics etc. Plus, your legs will have stopped growing so it'll be easier for you to judge distances when kicking! 8)

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

I just taught a 55 year old his first lesson tonight. Additionally, I'm a 25 year old black belt in Tae Kwon Do and I'm starting an entirely new venture this month in Kobudo (Okinawan Weapons). Only you can say when it's too late to start your training.

-Sam Riney-

WTF Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do

Piasa Martial Arts - Alton, IL

White Belt in Kobudo

GMAP - Springfield, IL