• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I AM 20 YEARS OLD, AM I TO OLD TO START TRAININIG?

Day

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? I started my training at 40. Sure I will never be an olympic contender but I love it none the same.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

That question comes up a lot here, and the answer is that you're never to old to start. I started when I was 34 and have loved every minute of it. I'm also in the best shape since I was 17. There may be some things the youngsters can do better but I hold my own. :) I think you're at the perfect age right now. Go for it! :karate:

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

I was 22 when I started training. Sometimes I think I was too young. *L* I understand so much more about my initial training now than I ever knew was there. I also know that I have soooo much more to learn. As one of my present teachers put it (He's 65), "If I ever stop learning new things concerning the martial arts, that's when I'll stop training." Go for it.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Well, I guess the verdict is in, so now you need to find a place, start training, and let us know how you are doing. Good luck.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Nope, you're certainly not too old to start training! I started when I was 20.

Good luck with it, hope you enjoy training!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!