• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Starting again

TracyLou

Women are mostly getting in to karate socaialty better than most mens, just go try it out you like karate when you're 15 now you're 23 you are more mature and I bet you are more confident many people will want to be friends with you and show you how fun karate is, have a nice time alright and be safe.

Remember you are never too young nor too old.

Somone love one

Somone love two

I love one

That one is myself just have been turn down....

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you think about starting again. I lost my first 2 boyfriends because of MA, but always thought if they are not willing to let me pursue my dream, I shouldn't bother too much about them. My third BF is not against my karate training though he confessed he doesn't see what;s so cool about it :)

You decided to quit then (it was a good decision for that time, so never bother regretting a past thing) and now to restart. Another good decision for this moment. Don't worry about getting out of shape or being the only woman. You'll regain strenght quickly and as for the demographic issue :D you'll be surprised how many women are involved lately in MA. Shop aroud, see some dojos and where you'll feel comfortable ... that's your place

Good luck. Keep us posted.

I think 23 is an excellent age to start. you are old enough to make good choices about what and where to train. you are young enough to still have 70 years of training ahead of you ,,,,,,,,anyway have fun, men and women of all ages enroll in nearly any type of martial arts so i see absolutely no reason why not to.

so vis pacem para bellum

Hi,

Im 23 years old and used to do wado Ryu when I was 15...anyway I fell out with a friend and stopped going and have regretted it ever since.

Ive made it my new years resolution to start again next year...is this realistic at my age?

Id love to get back into it but am afraid I will be the only woman there...silly i know, am I likely to be on my own if I do start up again?

TIA

Restarted at 42.

• 1 month later...
:D Everyone here should warn u how addictive MA's can become. U will literally form an entirely new family with your dojo. I'm 32 and have been on and off for 20 years. Sometimes work and life means u have to take breaks from MA's but theres always people to welcome u back home. Also u always have interesting topics to talk about with cool people. DON"T hesitate. You could be training and having fun right now.

Donkey

• 2 weeks later...

AAAHHH 23 :o , like that's over the hill. :roll: You are the perfect age. I took off for 15 years and started back in my mid 30s. I was amazed how fast it came back after about six months of hard work.

Go for it! 8)

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• 2 months later...