• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I say yes. I myself go to church every Sunday (Putting myself out there, but I'm not embarrassed), but MA has taught me a lot so far....

Now, I personally think there can be as many McChurches out there as there are McDojo's. The important thing that I remember, is not to force religion on anyone that doesn't want to hear about it. The same way I do with martial arts. I don't brag that I take MA, just as I don't brag that I believe in God. If someone asks, I give my input... however, these day, religion is like politics. Everyone has there views, take it for what it's worth.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is no biblical reason why Christians shouldn't pratice martial arts. But if its a matter of conscience for them, then maybe its not a good idea for them.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• 1 month later...

To be bluntly honest, debating whether or not to participate in martial arts because of religion is just plain dumb. The two do not conflict; I have devout Christian students in my school, I have agnostics and athiests and I have a Buddhist. We don't have any issues at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a christian and absolutely love MA... As long as you fight only when you have to, and not because you can ( in other words ONLY FIGHT IN SELF DEFENSE OR WHEN PRACTICING)

"I am your judge, Executioner, jury, Executioner, lawyer, prosecutor, and if necessary... your Executioner"

• 2 months later...

I dont know what being a Christian have to do with Martial arts. Now if you thinking they'll hold back. Well they wont. I have like 10 friends in martials or who have taken it and 5 of them are black belts at it. So Christian are no better or worst at Martial arts

"Martial Arts is kinda like yin and yang when you think about it; it 50% physical and 50% mental"

• 2 weeks later...

Now if you go around hurting people with what you have learned then you should not take it. But besides that I think its all right

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-

• 4 weeks later...

Not studying the martial arts for religious reasons would show how little the person actually knew about most systems (especially in the US). My whole family does it.. and is highly involved at our church. In my oppinion being trained makes you LESS dangerous.

~BBB

Training 14 years

Kalkinodo Blackbelt