• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fees

I pay $80.00/month, in a mostly upper middle class area. This is pretty typical in this area for "traditional" dojo. The McDojos start around $150.00/month and then raise the prices for Master Clubs, etc... usually averaging abour $250.00/month. :-? :o

Wow! That's pretty stiff. But I guess if you can get that much ...

When you consider the cost of rents in the Denver area it is not bad. I would not pay more than what I do. It corresponds with the $60.00 I payed in Baltimore, and the $100.00 in Seattle.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, try this $40-$50 trust me that is worth a karate lesson, you can keep the profit and take your friend for 10 pints of beer, or you can ask the parents how much you could charge and gather infromation then you'll come with the anlaysis.

Somone love one

Somone love two

I love one

That one is myself just have been turn down....

• 4 weeks later...

I charge $30/month for city residents, and $35/month for non-city residents. I think cost per month should be based on several factors:

1. Class location. If you teach in a middle or lower middle class area, you can't charge too much (say $80/month) and expect students to afford it. A Tae Kwon Do Instructor in our area charges upwards of $100/month. But he teaches in the high rent area. Is he worth it? I guess it's a matter of opinion.

2. Overhead. How much do you pay for rent, insurance, supplies for class, gas money etc?

3. The value you place on what you teach. I work full time, and teach because I love doing it. Therefore, I am not beholden to the mighty dollar as far as TKD is concerned.

Our Instructor has told us many times you cannot get rich in this country teaching Tae Kwon Do because the market isn't there. Nor, I think, should you.

My opinion-Welcome to it.