Fees

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Affiliation, insurance, hall fees) + (advertising, flyers, handouts) + (equipment procurement, replacement) + (transport costs) + (tax) + (your time) / (total number of students you expect)

I charge about $30/month per student for 2 days a week.

Respectfully,

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

I've charged as little as FREE (I don't recommend that though), and I'm currently charging $40/month for 2 classes (2 hours)/week. I have (depends on the week) an average of 10-12 students at any given point.

I think what you charge depends on your situation and experience. The more expenses and experience, the more you should charge.

If you have high overhead with rent, utilities, etc..then you need to charge more. If you are a new instructor with low overhead, I'd charge less for a few years and raise it a bit later on.

Personally, I teach out of a converted single car garage attached to the back of my home, use limited equiptment (heavy bag, foam shield and some foam gloves, a set of bogu gear and a canvas makiwara on the wall) so I don't have a lot of overhead, but I've been teaching since 1978, so have a bit of experience at this.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I think that martial arts are way under priced becaus of what they provide the character benefits look at health club dues martilal arts provides so much more than a health club. Charge what is fair for you services

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro

• 2 weeks later...

We have two fee structures.

$7 a class.

or

$50 a month for unlimited training - up to 16 classes a week.

(I'd like to see someone do 16 classes a week)

:D

Keep Smiling!

I pay $80.00/month, in a mostly upper middle class area. This is pretty typical in this area for "traditional" dojo. The McDojos start around $150.00/month and then raise the prices for Master Clubs, etc... usually averaging abour $250.00/month. :-? :o

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!