• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

LOTR - Return of the King

ESA-Shotokan

the books are enjoyable, i recommend them to all who haven't read them. though not the best around, they're still a good read. and Tolkien has several books floating around; and they're not all LOTR related.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed the movie and will add it to the "collection" when the DVD comes out. Personally, I would have ended it at the scene at the castle when all bowed to the Hobbits. The next few minutes just seemed a little "Wizard of Oz"ish starting with the wakeup scene. I was impressed by the special effects and the twists and turns the plot took. Since I am no Tolkien expert, I had no idea what to expect. The time flew...

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

I really would have been upset if the movie ended there, Red J....I need lots of closure in movies like these! :lol:

Besides, I think it was part of the book. Either way, I was pleased with it. :nod:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

For the most part I really liked it. Lots of battles, miranda otto, liv tyler (yippee), little to no thinking required.

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

However the film really falls flat in the the last half hour (best guess at time as it felt like an eternity). To say it drags in this section is an understatement. I'm not sure if they even used an editor on this portion of the film.

There are a few ways i think they could of cut down the film a little:

-kill gimli, merry and pippin. 2 films of comic relief are enough for me and i don't need a third.

-cut down smeagol rants or talk faster.

-only reminisce about the shire once. babling about it more than that is just filler.

-cut down on love scenes between frodo and fatboy (sam). Every scene with them is basically stare in each others eyes, tell em i love you, the shire etc. Just kiss already or get going with the quest.

-seriously just get up the volcano already!

-less braveheart scenes with the rohan warriors. just get to the killing already.

-fatboy and frodo were taking so long on the volcano that if they died while climbing up onward I would have been happy. I would have ended it with frodo and fatboy lying on the rocks with the lava around them. As they profess their love the lava overtakes them and the audience is spared from super cheese ending.

For the most part I really liked it. Lots of battles, miranda otto, liv tyler (yippee), little to no thinking required.

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

However the film really falls flat in the the last half hour (best guess at time as it felt like an eternity). To say it drags in this section is an understatement. I'm not sure if they even used an editor on this portion of the film.

There are a few ways i think they could of cut down the film a little:

-kill gimli, merry and pippin. 2 films of comic relief are enough for me and i don't need a third.

-cut down smeagol rants or talk faster.

-only reminisce about the shire once. babling about it more than that is just filler.

-cut down on love scenes between frodo and fatboy (sam). Every scene with them is basically stare in each others eyes, tell em i love you, the shire etc. Just kiss already or get going with the quest.

-seriously just get up the volcano already!

-less braveheart scenes with the rohan warriors. just get to the killing already.

-fatboy and frodo were taking so long on the volcano that if they died while climbing up onward I would have been happy. I would have ended it with frodo and fatboy lying on the rocks with the lava around them. As they profess their love the lava overtakes them and the audience is spared from super cheese ending.

Well, it would certainly have been unique if they'd done that....

Personally, I liked all 3 LOTR films. Still not quite as good as the book, IMO. If you haven't read it already then you should!! Make it a New year Resolution!! lol

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the films are great and do a really good job in keeping with the books.

But my only problem is that big chunks are missed out and put in special DVD's and i think they should just include all the parts on the original film .

Just like the phoenix I shall rise from the ashes.

I have one thing to say if u removed all the stuff rb wonted out of the film the it wouldnt be the same.Think about it without the bravheart style rohan warrior scene's where is the emotion in the battle's.Whots a fantasy film without a dwarf que Gimli who also add's humour and is scotish the actor not the dwarf.without merry and pippen u wouldt have tree beard so i say that if u removed all that stuff then it wouldnt be such a good moive but i agree the fordo and sam is boaring as hell so i would have enjoyed watching them die in lava .

let not the fear of death stay your hand nor defeat your courage.The warrior who will provail is the one who confronts death its self