• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi there.

ESA-Shotokan

Hi there, people. New person here. Quick intro to myself.

I started training in shotokan karate with Steve Cattle in 1980. I then left school, discovered women and suddenly I hadn't been back to karate for a while. I had also moved away to a new area, where I took up the shotokan training again with the KUGB and senseis Jimmy and Frank Brennan; being graded on my way by Andy Sherry.

Many years later, a life times of experience and I was introduced to the teachings of Sensei Kase, via a friend from Sweden. This has changed my life and understanding of karate completely.

I am now with the ESA and I truly believe I am now learning "real" karate from my sensei, Alan Armstrong - 5th dan. In effect, I have come full circle as the ESA was founded by my first sensei, Steve cattle.

I feel like I am a beginner again as his teachings are so new and unique.

Thank you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nice to meet you :) I did Shotokan for a while with a friend. The school was too far or otherwise I would have stuck with it. I really liked it. She is now a 5th kyu and I still keep in contact with her. She is doing really well.

Anyways, I'll move this to the "Intro" forum, so you would get more welcomes :) Welcome to KF :)

Laurie F