• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am fully aware of that.

what initially bugged me about some of the posts here is that they seem to worship bjj as the absolute ultimate in self defence martial arts and don't seem to be able to see flaws.

and thats why i hate the gracies.

falcon kick!!!

Its a good thing, then, for Sakuraba, that you and your fourteen year old self aren't in PrideFC.

The gracies, once again, don't make any such claims. They have a great self defense system, they've proven it on the street and in the ring. I find it wonderful how certain people on this board seem to think that they could take an awful lot of these fighters who are considered among the top in their games...especially the people on this board that have yet to have an MMA match.

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

sano, are you saying that you don't like the gracies because OTHER PEOPLE think that their style is good?

oh and please, in future, don't use my posts out of context.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

So let me get this strait, you hate the Gracies because:

One, their style has won more full contact competitions than yours or mine or any for that matter will ever win.

Two, people that practice BJJ are proud of that fact and are willing (in most cases) to fight to prove it.

I'd like to point out that I'm a very traditional practioner myself. As people will know from this board, however, that does not mean I can say

'oh the GREAT and MIGHTY masters from the past could easily beat these pathetic sport practioners!'

I recognise that these ATHLETES are amazing, train harder than I'll ever be able too and no offence Sano, more than you'll be able to.

So, the only way for you to really come on a board and preach at them to stop LOVING their style is to fight them and put them in thier place.....

Can you really do that?!

sano, are you saying that you don't like the gracies because OTHER PEOPLE think that their style is good?

oh and please, in future, don't use my posts out of context.

(ignore)

as for you kensai do not worry i got it figured out like i said to defeat a gracie only thing you have to do is stand them up and it's over( in seven months you will see the demise of the gracies.). thats why there where affaird of that wing cun guy. and when since they prove that there style was effective on the street when i think that idiot matt furey or some other grappler said it was not?

falcon kick!!!

i think to be able to beat a gracie you have to be able to fight first...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

Sano, by the tone of your post I see that you are not very knowledgeable of both Traditional and Modern styles.

I cant argue a point with some one that clearly doesnt understand the basics, its like a human trying to argue physics with a chimp. The chimp simply doesnt understand.

So now, I will educate you, as this forum is all about trying to deepen peoples understanding of all styles.

For you to say that to beat a BJJ practioner let alone an actual GRACIE is to just 'stand them up' is foolish.

If you have seen any of the early UFC's you'll see that its not that simple. Even very talented Japanese Karate men have lost out to BJJers. One simple reason ITS THE KARATE MEN THAT CANT STAY ON THEIR FEET!

There're to busy landing on there back sides and getting tapped out.

I resently downloaded a video from mcdojo/b u l l s h i d o.com, showing a Kung Fu man vs a 17 year old BJJer known as Royce.

The Kung Fu man was very fit, toned and could strike hard. However due to his total lack of grappling he was taken to the ground and tapped. However, what was important about this video, was that it shows that grapplers can hit.

There were lots of elbows and punchs coming from Royce and the Kung Fu practioner was totally dominated.

Let me make it clear that I'm not arguing that BJJ rules the roost, or thats a super style. I happen to like it alot and believe that it should be a part of all styles. A lack of grappling knowledge simply makes you ignorant to the truth.

I believe this is true as a very talented Yoshinkan Aikido practioner called Mits Yamashita Sensei challenged HELIO GRACIE (Founder of BJJ). Yamashita Sensei, at the age of 21 (I think) was held down by the 70+ year old Helio.

This shows the power of BJJ, not just for the young, but all ages and sizes and for this reason it requires YOUR respect.

I've seen more aggressive Karate guys than I ever have BJJ. Actually the Grapplers in general are more down to earth, from MY experience.

Perhaps we are all guilty of generalising and need to open our minds more and not care what negative things people say about us and what we practice.

As for Emin, well, its not like hes the most influenential member of the MA community. Bottom line is that if he wanted to fight a Gracie in MMA, he probably could very easily, the fact that he hasnt shows something about him.

whoa...

the challenge thing happened a long time ago.

emin did it to make a point.

you could say the same about why the gracies declined his challenge.

in any case, it isn't about who was afraid or not.

it's more about who has more to gain from it.

i think both parties declined because they are smart enough to see that they both stand to lose a lot if it goes wrong and not gain a lot if it goes right.

and once again because i can not stress this enough.

the style does not matter because ultimately, it is the man who uses the style, not the other way around.

you could know the ultimate supreme fighting style but if you're crap at it, you're going to be crap.