• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sano and what's the problem with that?

do you think that you or any karate guys will win sakuraba? LOL!

Most of karate's guys there had got their * kicked, so... STFU

thats because karate guys do not even train right or come from another form of karate like shotokan.

that's because IT SUCKS, it loses time doing useless katas and stuff like that that is never going to be useful in a real situation.

look at Gracie in action 1 for example, Gracies fight with brazilian's selection of karate and they beat them all, look at UFC where Royce takes Minoki Ichihara (a Japan champion of Karate), etc, etc..

Gracies has made much more in NHB world thatn any karate guy, so again, STFU :D

Valencia - Venezuela.

but nhb is gracie territory, so to speak.

how well will they do in japan's karate tournaments?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

but nhb is gracie territory, so to speak.

how well will they do in japan's karate tournaments?

BJJ would be limited in a karate torunament. karateka were not limited in in nhb fights, they could use all of their techniques.

thats not a good comparision.

limited?

but surely a well rounded martial should be able to handle itself in any type of competition.

a lot of guys say that wing chun is limited in a nhb fight but then there are shot down very quickly by bjj guys.

why is it that different when you say that bjj is limited in a karate fight?

like many people have said before me, a ring competition isn't really a fair judge of whether a style is good or not.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

But NHB is certainly a better judge than a karate tournament, because more techniques from all sides are allowed than in the karate tournament.

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

What you say is absurd.

explain me how is a BJJer going to win in a karate competition if they don't allow grappling? it's absurd.

NHB fights are different, karatekas can striles all they want, and you can grapple.

And of course it is a fair judge to see what's more effective, you don't have almost rules, you can do almost everything, what better than this?

limited?

but surely a well rounded martial should be able to handle itself in any type of competition.

a lot of guys say that wing chun is limited in a nhb fight but then there are shot down very quickly by bjj guys.

why is it that different when you say that bjj is limited in a karate fight?

like many people have said before me, a ring competition isn't really a fair judge of whether a style is good or not.

Valencia - Venezuela.

but it does go to show that the rules have a lot to say for who wins.

and if noticed, i did mention, 'rounded' martial art in my post.

my point is the focus of different arts.

and once again, i go back to treebranch's point of bjj being by nature very much one on one.

but it does go to show that the rules have a lot to say for who wins.

i don't understand, you wtf?

and if noticed, i did mention, 'rounded' martial art in my post.

? so what?

my point is the focus of different arts.

and once again, i go back to treebranch's point of bjj being by nature very much one on one.

your focus is wrong, you can't say that you're going to compare BJJ and Karate in a Karate competition, a NHB is a different context, but in karate competitions grappling is not allowed, so what is supposed to do a Bjjer?, it's like i say you that you compare them in a BJJ competition, what is the karateka going to do if he can't strike?

Now, if you say for example, Judo vs BJJ, it's another thing since they are similars, or Karate vs Boxing for example, or kickboxing...

do you think you could fight you vs more opponnents with your wing chun? lol

Valencia - Venezuela.

it's supposed to be absurd because in a way you are saying that a bjj guy can't win by striking and that's the point i am trying to make.

it seems to me that you are saying that in order for a bjj guy to win he HAS to grapple.

i mentioned 'rounded' because in my opinion, bjj is not rounded because it is primarily one on one.

in my opinon, karate is more rounded as an art because it is about self defence as opposed to beating ONE guy in a ring.