• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Books

Anando

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Since there are literally hundreds of different types of "karate" (a generic term), you'll need to be more specific as to what particular system of karate you are interested in.

Also, as far as I know, there are no books for any style that list or show ALL of the techniques of that system. To attempt to write a book like that would be an undertaking that would make War and Peace seem like a childrens book! My opinion anyway.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

yeah right, actually I am looking for a book that explains the techniques used in Karate - Do, but since Karate - Do is pretty much based on Karate I guess there is not much difference to it. Karate - Do adopts the basic techniques from Karate. I hope that this specification helps to answer my question.

Gichin Funakoshi karate-do koyhan (sp) big black book with a ugle statue on the front coset 40 to 50 bucks.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

yeah right, actually I am looking for a book that explains the techniques used in Karate - Do, but since Karate - Do is pretty much based on Karate I guess there is not much difference to it. Karate - Do adopts the basic techniques from Karate. I hope that this specification helps to answer my question.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here...but karate means "Empty Hand"...and karate-Do means Way of the empty hand. BOTH are generic terms for karate, not a specific system of martial arts per se.

It's like saying you want a manual on everything there is to know about an "automobile" (this is your karate or karate-do), when you're not being specific as to what KIND of automobile. There's a huge differance between a Model T Ford and a modern Posche, for example.

There are GENERAL books out there that will show a few examples of basic blocks, punches and kicks, but you specified that you are looking for one that shows ALL of the techniques...and it just isn't out there because there are so many different ways of doing different techniques.

Or as G95champ stated, there are books about SPECIFIC sytems, and I've never seen the one he mentioned, but I'd be willing to bet it doesn't contain ALL of the techniques to that system...right G95champ?

Is this clearer now?

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I guess it's called Shaolin Karate-Do. Since I didn't know that there were so many different styles of Karate my post wasn't clear enough. I am looking for a book that explains as 'Shorinryu Sensei' said the basic techniques of Karate.

I do appreciate G95champ's recommedation and I will try to look for it.

I did a quick search on google and came up with a few HUNDRED hits..appears most are in German. I'd start with that first.

Well actually I looked up a few books at google and amazon but mostly they had bad annotations. Often the peoples' opinions who have read the book diverge into two different directions. Some say the book is fantastic absolutely essential for Karate, some say that it wouldn't be worth buying it because the explanations are wrong or whatever. So I am quite confused, which one I should buy as a personal encyclopedia for Karate.