• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Street effective kicks

You never know, don't be so sure. Overconfidence is a double edged sword.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A strong kick is a strong kick. Try it and find out. Round kicks can be snuffed if you know what you are doing and front kicks are harder to see. Plus a front kick to the groin is going to do a lot more damage than a round kick to the leg.

not necessarily. A roundhouse to the sciatic or to the knee can both deaden your leg quickly. Not being able to move is like taking the bullets out of your gun. a groin shot doesn't always have an immediate effect in a fight. neither does a leg kick, but from prior experience, in a choice between groin and knee, I choose knee.

Just imagine a stomp to the knee, you won't deaden it you will break it. I'd say that's as effective as you want to get. A groin kick with a stomp kick is different to what you might be thinking. The stomp kick drives thru the person, they will be on their rump.

not if his knee is bent.

I see what you're getting at though. I can't really give an oppionion on it though, as I don't think the pain of the kick would be the same to the groin. It's got that thrusting power, but it's not making that same connection with the sack than a kick coming straight upward at it does. Like I said though, that's a guess, I'm not certain.

True if his knee is bent it may not work. But the round kick to the outside of the knee works better if the person is support his weight on it. What if the support is on the rear leg. Do you feel it will have the same effect on a leg that's not grounded?

MT has a technique called the cut kick - it's a roundhouse the the supporting leg. it's used when the knee is raised, as in when you leg block. Alsowith little support on that front leg, I'd kick the inside of the leg and not the outside, if I decided to kick the front instead of the rear.

If the weight is mostly on the back leg you are actually quite mobile side to side and front, but not back.