• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Street effective kicks

I think I would prefer, in a street fight, a front kick, or a side kick, or a roundhouse. A cresent kick wouldn't work too well unless you're really good at it and you have a chance to perform it. And a back kick would only really be useful if there were multiple attackers or you wanted to finish someone off as it, or a mix between a back kick and a side kick, is a very strong kick when done correctly.

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to prefer the shorter block kick from kung fu...not necessarily the most powerful of strikes but extremely effective for lower level blocking...as a matter of fact if u are good at it it is the single best way to block a kick below the waist...that can destroy someones confidence especially if they use tae kwan do and count on their kicks to get up there, u can beat them mentally in that aspect...plus its good for short range situations when u are fist fighting and u cant rely on on linear kicks...in that case the best way to go is with those kung fu kicks and of course ur most powerful weapon of all...the knee.......

Belts are for holding your pants up.......

• 2 weeks later...

Low line kicks, non chambered, heel usually the striking area. Like in wing chun or CQC. Always works for me :D

Also the more unorthdox kicks, like in Systema. Bit riskier, but nothing will surprise him more than getting hit by the dreaded Russian Podkrut LOL.