• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Street effective kicks

in street fights kicks are rarely an option or deciding factor.

if given the opportunity, a front kick to the groin or torso can be very effective, and is the least dangerous to throw. the push kick (or whatever you call it) is barely more dangerous.

roundhouse kicks are incredibly effective (if they land righ), but quite dangerous. the head is really not an option, and to the torso is more dangerous than to the leg, and to the leg can still be a problem. while one who has not trained wouldnt see either a front kick or a side kick coming, or know how to stop it, it still leaves you very open for some sort of take down move- such as a tackle (and possibly a punch right in the face). you dont have to be a grappler to tackle someone and punch them in the face on the ground. also, if they happen to move inside the kick and its rendered ineffective, youre up on one foot and hes swinging.

personally, i would save any roundhouse kick untill after i got my opponent off balance and open, or he was so wide open i was 99% confident id be okay throwing it.

side kicks take a while to throw compared to other kicks, i would save them untill id allready knocked my opponent off balance. or if hes to the side of me, in which case im probably out numbered, which is when i run or position myself so im not so surrounded.

all those other fancy tkd kicks are crap- even any sort of hook kick (with the heel) id recommend against. if you miss and youre lucky enough to be right back on balance, lucky you. if you connect your foot and leg is in a wierd position, and youre quite likely screwed. its too awkward.

thats my take on things anyway. odds are i wont throw a kick in a street fight anyway- if i do itll almost certainly be a front kick of some sort.

a broken arm throws no punches

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think any kick that puts you in precarious position is not the best choice for a fight. The highest kick in a real situation should be about a little above the waist. If you want to kick someone in the head, bring the head down then kick it. :) Edited by Treebranch

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Stomp kicks and stomping in general are the most brutal. :)

Front kick yes, roundhouse to the head no.

If I have to choose a kick it would definately be something to knock my opponent down. Hard kick to the side of any knee preferably left as their stepping in, they will usually trip over themselves, then deliver front kick to abdomen. That should at least weaken their spirit for the taking. Nothing really technical just whatever works given the circumstances.

https://www.kimsookarate.com

Krav-Maga, Tai Chi Chu an, Karate, Aikido, Hapkido, Taekwon Do, Judo