• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm a firm believer that this is what will typically happen when you match TKD vs Muay Thai. This might be "sport" TKD, but I have yet to see "real" TKD, although I've met plenty to have claimed to do "real" TKD. For some reason their "real" TKD tends to be just like the "sport" TKD but with a couple low line kicks, and just as futile in Muay Thai competition.

My opinion is this. The person makes TKD work, if at all. Muay Thai works, no matter who the person is doing it.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well first im glad to see you back ken..soo any muay tai stylist can be an effective fighter ...but any taekwondoist is just practcing a sports style?..which is only good in sports competition?....let me tell you something bro..in my school we teach how to fight..(FULL CONTACT).not little taps for point competiotion...but how to make any kick painful on the recieving end..not tapping but full force kicks that cuase damage not pionts and that is taekwondo..even my white/yellow belts can kick effectively with power..maybe where your at you havent met anyone who does this..maybe theres a different kind of thing going on there but its not in every dojang worldwide..and finally i personally have yet to meet a muay thai stylist or any stylist for that matter that can kick as hard as me....usally i am more humble to make such a statement but thats what it is..maybe some day you wiil meet a "real" taekwondo person..until then ill let you know ..were out there....

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

My friend is a muay thai fighter, and he cant fight outside the refereed muay thai ring to save his life.

No matter what you say about anyone who does muay thai is an effective fighter, it cant be true, as my friend proves. He admits, he is just not confident enough, he is afraid of what can happen to him, he loses his nerve and doesnt use the techniques he knows so well. Just proving mental state is everything - and that the fighter's attitude is more important then the art he practices.

Shotokan Karate Black Belt

==Defend the path of Truth==

U can also have the mental state and willingness to go out and kick some serious rump but not be able to fight for peanuts though...

Mental state plays a part, i agree, but that is not the determining factor. The determining factor is whether or not all the stuff u have learnt is effective in the real fighting environment. Some of the stuff in Muay Thai is ineffective too, it's not a complete martial art, but many of its aspects are superior to other arts.

It's cold, i need warm clothes.... fg fghjg h ...

Angus

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

I'm just saying that it's extremely rare to see a "TKD" person that can actually fight. So rare, that I have yet to see it. In Muay Thai, most people that train become good fighters regardless of talent. Taezee, I don't doubt that you might be good and kick hard, but I still have yet to see this mystical "real" TKD that I hear about from many people.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

yeah i know ken..the main problem is that all any one really sees is the "olympic style" taekwondo and form thier opinions of the art from that.....its called full contact..but i feel its just an enhanced form of point fighting and not full contact...to many rules and politics

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

One thing i like about Kyokushin Karate is that they have full contact bare knuckle tournaments. I think they're still points though... I just got into a fight by the way, and i'm about to make a post on it. I'm i a little trouble.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

no matter how effective youre techniques are, it doesnt matter if you cant bring yourself to use them, if you lose control and not use them when you should...

Shotokan Karate Black Belt

==Defend the path of Truth==

On 2001-11-10 23:53, thaiboxerken wrote:

My opinion is this. The person makes TKD work, if at all. Muay Thai works, no matter who the person is doing it.

Ken, or any other Muay Thai practitioner,

I'm curious. I only know Muay Thai from Van Damm's movie, which I doubt is all that accurate. What makes you art as effective as you note states? All I can see from the film is a lot of shin, knee, and elbow strikes (which I have learned as well). Enlighten me, because I truely would like to know (I'm not being sarcastic).

Doug

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.