• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Competitions! any body know

ialwaysgethit

Any one know of any good, reputable and control competitions within their area or even people know of the competiton out side of their area in the North of England. For Kata and Kumite, without been in a large organisation where large fees have to be paid.

if so can you please private email me back.

I have looked on the internat and Martial Arts Magerzines but no look.

can anyboby help.

Thank You

:-?

oliver willison

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I always find it hard to find out where competitions are in the UK. Sometimes there isn't a lot of info in Martial Arts magazines. Have you tried Traditional Karate magazine? Also, try the AMA. There always seems to be a lot of AMA competitions going on. There's one coming up in Lancaster in Jan and I know of at least one other in Sunderland. I think also it's partly to do with the time of year - because its Christmas & New Year there isn't as many comps happening or much info about. :(

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Hi there.

You could try http://www.shotokankaratedatabase.com

They tend to have plenty of news of the big karate events. Failing that, the KUGB's own web page http://www.kugb.org is another possible source across England, UK.

Hope that helps and I haven't just told you what you already know!

:)

aefibird wrote:

There always seems to be a lot of AMA competitions going on. There's one coming up in Lancaster in Jan .

That's not far from me - do you know anything else about it , the date or where it's at, I'd like to go up and watch 'cos I feel I'd like to do some competitions this year.

International Open Karate Championships, Harvey Haddon Sports Centre, Nottingham, 21st February.

Tel. 0161 797 1077 for details.

AMA Karate Northwest Open Champoinships, Darwen, Blackburn, 28th March.

Contact Peter on 07939 289711 or the number given above for more details.

I can't remember where I read/heard about the competition in Lancaster; when I find out I'll let you know.

Unfortunately, that competition in January in Sunderland is invitation only. :(

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Sheffield Steelers!