• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Also heared! Sorry 7*, I know he maybe get me to the ground, but changes are that he get very hurt when trying to!.

depends on who it is and how he's training. Many grapplers cross train now, so he may know how to strike also. Even for the ones that don't, unless you know some takedown defenses, like sprawling, then you still may get caught before doing anything significant to him.

I'm just sick of the argumentation all the time, thats all. Some has seen a video clip of this and that style gotten beat and thats it, everyone of that perticular style can be beaten, period!

We don't think that way. I know not ALL TMA would be mauled by an MMA guy. however, for the people that like to look for evidence, you can find tma guys losing to mma guys all over the internet. It's hard to find TMA guys beating MMA documented anywhere. heck, it's hard to find solid docuentaion of CMA even fighting other CMA...

Lets make a litte senario: Me and my lady, who also practice Wing Chun, is a trip to town a saturday night and standing there waiting for a taxi to take us home we are jumped by:

1. Avarage Joe?

2. A serial killer or a bad rapist, out to do us both?

or, like everyone seems to believe

3, a wrestler/BJJ ?

the bad rapist wants to put your girl on the ground.

the avg joe is clumsy and may fall into you, then drag you down, or may intentionally try to tackle you.

I train for self defence and self defence only, I have no intentions fighting it out with a wrestler, but I'm not so sure as you are that of the outcome IF it happend........

Avarage joe on the other hand..... :D :D

yeah, I see your point there.

What I do not know is how anyone can be so sure about every grappler out there can take every TMAist out there? Is it just because you'll seen it on a video and based it on that? Or have you tryed it for yourself?. I mean, how can you really, REALLY know?

:-? :-?

it's because alot of us have tried. Can we get every? No. But it's not uncommon for mma guys to spar with people of other styles.

(I'm not even sure if I AM training a TMA, coz the Wing Chun I train is constantlly changing and as far I can see it has only learned me to fight with whats gonna work in a streetfight, with good live training and lot of reality(I had a couple of teeth knocked out a couple of month a go inspite I was wearing teeth protection). Thats baseed from actuall street fighting in my younger days, not a video!!)

See http://www.thewingchunschool.com/html/Gary.htm to what this is.

or maybe this: http://www.thewingchunschool.com/html/articles.htm would be of any interest...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic