• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ignorance amazes me...

Wolfman, what you're saying goes against what most WC guys say. Even Wong Shun Leung said Western Boxing works well against WC!

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did I say that goes against what most WC guys say? Who’s Wong Shun Leung? I wasn’t talking about boxers like Mike Tyson I was talking about boxers more or less on your level. And chi sao isn’t just a game its practice to build up sensitivity. Any way I thought I was just helping out, what I suggested is stuff that I found useful in my training. Check out Steve Lee Swift, really cool WC guy.

Wolfman,

Wong Shun Leung was a famous WC master from Hong Kong who fought many times and died around 10 years ago I think.

Your comments suggested that it's easy to defeat a boxer yet this is not what a lot of other WC guys say.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

y'know, he died on my 18th birthday...

anyway.

you guys might have nticed that i don't really like to talk shop....

i will say though that chi sau is different things to differnt people.

even the same person can and will do it differently depending on what he is looking for at that particular time.

nearly all of the wing chun school i've seen and been to, they try as much to teach you the chinese names of moves.

this is so that no matter what school you turn up at, you'll know what they're talking about.

i have never heard of a 'chainsaw' punch...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

A chainsaw punch is really a series of punches. You punch straight down your center followed by another punch immediately after it. Kinda goes out and down. You do several of these punches in a continuous loop (looks like a chain saw when you do it fast). Lots of techniques can come out of this, tansao, bongsao, etc. To knock down a hook angle it towards the incoming hook knock it down and then turn back and attack the face.

Use it to close the distance on a boxer; should also knock down jabs.

so let me get this straight.

your advice for me is to go in chain punching (god knows where the 'saw' part came from) against whatever he throws at me?

(why does everything wing chun in english sound so cheesey and crap?)

even from your basic description i can point out a couple of things will happen.

i) he will either put up a tight guard (because well, you haven't actually gotten into his gates yet let alone his centre)

ii) trying to chain punch a hook involves turning stance to face the hook (basic wing chun theory) ADDED to the fact that you haven't controlled the centre yet = strike from side you are not facing with his very, very free hand.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."