• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ignorance amazes me...

Arguing on the internet is like winning the special olypicis. Any one remember that e-mail picture. I wish we can post pic's on this forum. That pic needs to be inserted into alot of threads. -Jeff

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what pic?

and erm, who's arguing?

and well, you can post pics here...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Its a joke!

But you said you can post pic's. You mean on a thread or in your post post a pic or talking about he photo icon area. -Jeff

also, just because MT has phehomenal power, and is a bit of a brawler does not mean that when the rules are removed he would be able to fight as well as with the rules. Were he to meet someone who also fights with brawn, e.g. a heavyweight Muay Thai practitioner, or even a TKD figher, MT may not be able to get close enough to use his fists, before he's kicked into submission.

Alternatively, put him against one of the heavier UFC fighers, who can get in close, and get MT on the ground - how well would he fare?

Certainly, there are many people who could beat me - e.g. my JJ teacher ;) but whoever you are, there is always someone who could out manouver / outpunch / outkick, / lock / grapple you.

The trick is to get to the point where a punch is just a punch, and kick is just a kick, etc,

A TKD FIGHTER beating MIKE TYSYON? Please let's get real. That will never happen, because the tkd guy woudl try and kick, then get mauled. That IS disrespectful to mike tyson.

How about 99.5% of ANY fighter ANY style against Mike. He is a world class athlete that can hit and take a harder punch than any one of us, or any one we know. You guys have NO idea how much better a pro is than us. I have sparred to world champions that were WAY lighter than I am, Terry Norris and Michael Carbajal. They we so fast it was scary to think about. I have 6 and 8 inches on them, and I couldnt even get close. And i have been fighting about 25 years kyokushin. Granted we werent kicking but still. In MMA it takes a lot of leg kicks to wear someone down. Mike only needs to take one, and then come the fluries of punches. LIGHT OUT!

If my survival means your total destruction, then so be it.

You have got to be kidding me. IF he hit so hard, then why has he not made million with his skills? I am not stupid. I am a very competent MA, bjj, juo, somo, kenpo( bareknuckle) and so on. But it is obvious with that statement that you dont have any idea how much better world class athletes are than the rest. I have done MA 26 years, crosstrained the whol nine. Mike would kill us, and likely any one we train with. I have rolled with Royce, Ralph, Vitor, Rickson , Royler, Saulo, and a whole bunch of other greats. NONE of them has been hit as hard as MIke can hit you. Vitor is a good puncher, but he didnt even make the Brazilian boxing finals. He did not win Olympic stuff. Mike is 10 x beyond him in skill.

If my survival means your total destruction, then so be it.

I stay with my statement those who understand it would get the joke. Those don't well. Thats okay its an inside joke any way.

Agian I stay with my statement.

Sam pai Kenpo can hit harder then tyson.

-Jeff

also, just because MT has phehomenal power, and is a bit of a brawler does not mean that when the rules are removed he would be able to fight as well as with the rules. Were he to meet someone who also fights with brawn, e.g. a heavyweight Muay Thai practitioner, or even a TKD figher, MT may not be able to get close enough to use his fists, before he's kicked into submission.

Alternatively, put him against one of the heavier UFC fighers, who can get in close, and get MT on the ground - how well would he fare?

Certainly, there are many people who could beat me - e.g. my JJ teacher ;) but whoever you are, there is always someone who could out manouver / outpunch / outkick, / lock / grapple you.

The trick is to get to the point where a punch is just a punch, and kick is just a kick, etc,

MT is about way more than just brawn...

Drunken Monkey I’m surprised to read that you have trouble against boxers. You do Wing chun, boxers should be cake for you. I’ve done wing chun, and boxers were no problem. When you say "they give you nothing to use" do you mean they hold their fists close to their heads for protection? If that’s it then smack their fists into their face and go in attacking. As for the tight hooks you can punch those down with a chainsaw punch.

Once you lay a hand on him (anywhere not just the arms) you should be able to feel everything he’s doing. Because sticking isn’t just about keeping contact it’s about touch sensing/feeling. And it doesn’t matter where you have contact. It should all come from your sticking man.

Don’t know if you do the sticky hands with a set structure or what, but I’d recommend doing the freestyle sticky hands with your eyes closed (you should be better when your eyes are closed) throw structure out the window (you already have it subconsciously) and stay relaxed. Go at a medium pace get hit a couple times shrug it off but stay relaxed. You gotta go where there is no resistance, but you’ll only feel that if you’re relaxed. Like I said boxer should be cake because you work the sticking and they don’t.

I guess I have to see you first hand to really know what you mean though. Never seen Choy Le Fut fight so I don’t have any advice for that. I hope this helps.